The Search for a Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty
Austin College (Sherman, Texas) invites nominations, inquiries, and applications as they seek an accomplished and collaborative academic leader with an understanding of and commitment to the liberal arts mission to serve as its next Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty.
The Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty (hereafter VPAA) is the chief academic officer responsible for the college’s academic mission. The VPAA reports to the President as a member of the Senior Leadership Team and serves as deputy president during presidential absences. The VPAA is the primary liaison between the faculty and the President, Board of Trustees, and other members of the Senior Leadership Team. The VPAA represents the academic program to both internal and external constituencies and collaborates with the Office of Institutional Advancement to secure resources needed to support the academic program. The position additionally oversees key academic activities and offices, including Institutional Effectiveness, Institutional Research, the registrar’s office, Abell Library Center, and Information Technology.
For more information about the position, the agenda for leadership, desired experiences and attributes, and instructions for applying, please review the detailed search prospectus.
The search committee invites applications, nominations, and expressions of interest.
Should you wish to participate in the search as a candidate, please submit a letter of interest and Curriculum vitae to: VPAA@WhelessPartners.com
For more information or to discuss this position, contact:
Lisa J. Marks,
Managing Director & Senior Partner
Leyla Kayi, Senior Search Consultant
413.335.6936 or VPAA@WhelessPartners.com
Vice President for Academic Affairs Search Committee:
- Allison Dawson, Vice President of Institutional Advancement (Chair of the Search Committee)
- Rana Askins, Associate Vice President for Business Affairs
- Charles Curtis, Executive Director of Information Technology
- Brent Christopher, Austin College Trustee and President of Children’s Medical Center Foundation
- Dr. Martinella Dryburgh, Director of the Posey Leadership Institute and Assistant Professor of Leadership
- Dr. Steven Goldsmith, Dean of Sciences and Professor of Biology
- Dr. Jennifer Johnson-Cooper, Associate Professor of Chinese
- Dr. Peter Schulze, Professor of Biology and Environmental Science and Director of Center for Environmental Studies
- Dr. Ashley Tharayil, Assistant Professor of Economics
- Rebecca Halsey, Assistant Director of Corporate, Foundation and Government Relations (non-voting secretary of the committee)
- Clarissa Cabellero ’19, Student Assembly President.