The Mock Trial program helps pre-law students succeed in law school and in their careers by teaching the fundamentals of the rules of evidence, civil and criminal procedure, and litigation strategy and techniques. It helps all students involved, no matter what their career aspirations may be, by teaching rigorous analysis and public speaking.
The Mock Trial program will participate in the following invitational tournaments:
- The Great Sonoran Showdown Invitational, hosted by the University of Arizona, on November 1-2, 2014, in Tucson, Arizona;
- The Green & Gold Invitational, hosted by Baylor University, on November 14-16, 2014, in Waco, Texas; and
- The Stanford University Mock Trial Invitational, hosted by Stanford University, on January 24-25, 2015.
- provide its students another opportunity to compete against programs from Texas and beyond;
- provide teams from other colleges and universities an opportunity to compete in January prior to regional competition;
- provide all interested observers a chance to see mock trial rounds in action; and
- provide attorney alumni/ae and other members of the legal community a chance to judge rounds and to interact with the future of the profession.
The program meets on Wednesday from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Alumni/ae and local attorneys may help by judging at the Austin College Invitational. All who are interested in observing may help by judging and/or commenting on selected Wednesday nights when full rounds are held.