For New International Students
The 2015 Orientation for New International Students begins on Wednesday, August 19, and classes begin on Thursday, August 27. The orientation aims to introduce you to life on the Austin College campus and North Texas.
Sessions will cover a number of topics, including:
- Rules and Regulations of the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)
- Employment on and off campus
- Setting up a bank account
- Getting a mobile phone
- How to obtain a student photo identification card
- New student registration
- Important academic year dates
- An introduction to student services
- Volunteer opportunities in the Sherman Community
- Introduction to student clubs & organizations
You will also have a tour of the campus and of the surrounding area, which will include a visit to some local stores and a chance to shop for personal items. During the orientation, you will meet some current Austin College students and have the opportunity to talk to them about life at Austin College.