Austin College Alumni and First Decade Award
Distinguished Alumni Award
Awarded for sustained, distinguished accomplishment and contribution to any field of human endeavor that brings the highest honor to the award recipient and to Austin College.
Selection as a Distinguished Alumni is one of the highest honors granted to an alumnus/alumna of Austin College. The following criteria will be used to review each nominee and will be the basis for comparison with other nominees. A detailed statement of nomination should address as many of the following areas of excellence as possible.
- Exemplifies leadership that would distinguish an individual from others in their chosen field of endeavor, recognizing that Austin College alumni exemplify leadership in many fields, professional or otherwise. The contribution(s) do not need to be publicly renowned, but should represent important effort or accomplishment.
- Exemplifies leadership in community involvement and service to others.
- Provides inspiration to all Austin College community members by virtue of their leadership, service, and high ethical standards.
- Exhibits and maintains connection with, support of, and advocacy for Austin College, its mission, and its students.
First Decade Award
Awarded for exemplary achievement in one’s chosen profession or for outstanding service to the College or the community at large during one’s first ten years as a member of the Austin College alumni community. Persons nominated and selected to receive the First Decade Award must exemplify high ethical standards and have achieved at least one of the other required qualifications identified for the Distinguished Alumni Award, except they must have realized such accomplishment during the first ten years after graduation from Austin College. Accordingly, the Awards Committee may or may not present a First Decade Award every year.
The nominator should submit the following:
- A completed nomination form (required).
- One or more letters of support detailing the nominees qualifications and accomplishments (optional but highly recommended).
- Any additional information that you think would be helpful to the Awards Committee in making their selection (optional but highly recommended).
- Complete biographical information (optional but highly recommended).
All information will be reviewed and after careful consideration, the Awards Committee will present its recommendation to the full Alumni Board for approval.
The deadline for nominations is February 28 of each year. The nominees will be notified of their selection by June 30. The awards will be presented at the Alumni and Volunteer Awards dinner during Homecoming and Reunion Weekend.
Nominations for those candidates not selected may be retained for future consideration for up to three years. Please fill out and submit the following online form by email. If you would like to print the form, it may be mailed or faxed to the Office of Alumni Relations:
Nominations for the 2016 Awards are now being accepted
Nominations must be submitted by February 29, 2016
Austin College Alumni Office
900 North Grand Avenue, Suite 6G
Sherman, Texas 75090
903.813.2384 or 1.800 467.6646
Fax – 903.813.2415