Each Fellowship is intended to provide a meaningful and potentially life changing experience for a select group of Austin College students while benefiting the communities they have targeted. Specifically designed for non-profit projects and internships, each student will commit to dedicating a part of their summer to meaningful community development. From teaching in impoverished areas, working on development programs in Africa, or starting a program of your own, the opportunities are limitless. We encourage you to make a difference in the world!
The 10 to 15 Austin College students selected annually as Global Outreach Fellows will receive a Global Outreach Fellowship that will support their project and/or participation in an internship fostering engagement with community development issues while providing a meaningful appreciation of both the possibilities and the obstacles in leading effective change in these areas. Fellowships awarded to Austin College students are specifically meant to support servant leadership opportunities and are not meant to support "for-profit" internships and/or opportunities.
Deadline and Submission Details
Before proceeding with the application, please make an appointment to meet with Viki Reeder, Assistant Director of Career Services and Internship Coordinator, by calling 903.813.2074 during regular business hours.
- All materials should be completed and received by Austin College Career Services at the Adams Center no later than Monday, February 13, 2017.
- Applications will be evaluated by the Outreach Steering Committee.
By submitting an application, Global Outreach Fellows candidates agree to:
- Attend a pre‐departure workshop during the spring term.
- Help facilitate marketing of the program and its impact by photographing and video recording, where possible, a portion of their experience.
- Complete a digital story and submit it to the GO Fellowship Coordinator early in the following term.
- Help organize and participate in other Global Outreach events as may be defined by the Steering Committee.
- Participate in a dinner hosted by the Williams Family Foundation (date TBA).
- Be willing to disseminate your experiences to the wider campus community (i.e., through presentations before the student body, articles in The Observer, and open forums for the Austin College and greater communities)
Assistant Director of Career Services and Internship Coordinator
The Austin College Global Outreach Fellowship was created in 2007, and over the next two decades intends to support over 250 students in their efforts to gain experience while helping to bring change to the human condition within the world community. This Fellowship program was established through a grant from the Todd and Abby Williams Family Foundation.
Austin College Global Education
An average of 70 percent of Austin College graduates study abroad, and over the last decade they have visited 99 countries on six continents.
Rebecca Rogers '17
Ganesh Maniam '17
Victoria (Tori) Campbell '17
Rachel Newsom '18
To view more Go Fellows videos, visit Austin College GO Fellows YouTube Channel