The goal of Austin College is to provide for ongoing programming, events, and educational opportunities to create a healthy, safe, and supportive community. Throughout the year, we will provide activities to learn about healthy relationships, supporting friends, and intervening in troubled situations.
Look for your campus-wide email from email@example.com providing you with online education through its Think About it Program. All students need to complete this course.
- Fall 2016 – Sexual Harassment and other federally defined information
- Fall 2016 – Risky Choices
The Student Engagement, Enrichment, and Development office sponsors ongoing bystander intervention training and programs through its partnership with Mentors in Violence Prevention (MVP). Feel free to contact them to find out more about this program.
- September 23-24, 2016 – Bystander Intervention Training with Linda Little
- October 3, 2016 – “No More” Campaign Begins for Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- October 17-21, 2016 – Red Ladies Campaign with the Grayson County Crisis Center
- October 24-28, 2016 – Domestic Violence Awareness Month Purple Ribbon Project
- November 7-11, 2016 – “It’s On Us” Campaign National Week of Action
More activities and events will be forthcoming and promoted on campus. We hope to see you in attendance.
- Bystander Intervention Poster Campaign
- Consent Poster Campaign
- No More Campaign (Mentors in Violence Prevention)
- Consent Is Key Program
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month (April)
- Teal Ribbon Project
- Consent Is … (Photo Booth)
- Walk A Mile In Their Shoes
- Take Back the Night, Walk & Candlelight Vigil