There are multiple ways to request a transcript.
- In person
Please see the table below to find out which way is best for you.
Requests for transcripts, grades or other information such as courses completed cannot be issued to an outside party unless the student has given the registrar’s office written permission to release this information to a specific party, as allowed under The Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA).
How to Request Transcripts
eTranscript: Not Available
Mail/Fax: Alumni that graduated Pre-1981 have the option to fill out the Transcript Request Form. Please follow the directions on the form to ensure correct delivery.
WebHopper: Not Available
eTranscript: Alumni that have graduated since 1981 have the ability to request a transcript electronically. Please follow the link to the National Student Clearinghouse website and follow the directions to get your transcript electronically.
Mail/Fax: Alumni that have graduated since 1981 also have the option to fill out the Transcript Request Form. Please follow the directions on the form to ensure correct delivery.
WebHopper: Not Available
eTranscript: Current student have the ability to request a transcript electronically. Please follow the link to the National Student Clearinghouse website and follow the directions to get your transcript electronically.
Mail/Fax: Current students have the option to fill out the Transcript Request Form. Please follow the directions on the form to ensure correct delivery.
WebHopper: Students also have the ability to request a transcript through WebHopper.
- eTranscript – Almost Immediate Delivery.
- Mail – 5-7 business days for Austin College processing and then delivery time via the U.S. Postal Service. Transcripts will take longer to process at the end of each term. Express delivery services such as Federal Express or Priority Mail must be arranged and paid in advance by the student/alum. Many of these services can be billed to a credit card.
Please Note: Transcript holds on your student records at Austin College will delay the delivery of the transcripts. When notified that there is a transcript restriction on your student record, please contact the appropriate office to rectify the business related to the hold.
- eTranscript – $7
- Mail – If you graduated after 1997 there is no cost
- Mail – If you graduated before 1997 there is a $2 fee for the mailing of a transcript
- International Mailing Cost – If a transcript is being sent to an international location, AC will send the transcript via U.S. Postal Service (USPS) without additional charges. However, note that USPS cannot track or guarantee of time of delivery after the package leaves the U.S. even if sent via Priority or Certified mail. If the student/alum wants to send the transcripts via FedEx (which provides a delivery date and a tracking number) the student/alum would have to provide a FedEx label for the Registrar’s Office to send the transcript. Contact the Registrar’s Office for more information on this option.
As an ethical practice, Austin College cannot provide students with copies of transcripts or grade reports from other institutions for students to forward to institutions other than Austin College. We will only provide copies of official Austin College transcripts.
If you have additional questions, please contact:
Austin College Registrar’s Office, 903.813.2371
Office hours are 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.