- Medical Premiums
- Compare Plans (PPO 90 is closed to new entrants)
- PPO 80 Summary
- PPO 70 Summary
- HDHP Summary
- Prescription Plan(note: benefit is identical for all PPO plans; prescription coverage premium is included in monthly medical premium); the High Deductible Plan (HDHP) treats prescription drugs as any other medical expense, subject to the Plan deductible and coinsurance.
- CARES requires certain documentation when adding a spouse/dependent to your insurance. Dependent Documentation
Find out if your doctor is in the BCBSTX Bluechoice PPO Network by contacting member services at 888.762.2190 or access the provider finder feature at www.bcbstx.com and select Blue Choice PPO.
The following documents are also available on the CARES Benefits Website and additional details about the plan:
- Annual Health Plan Notices
- Creditable Coverage Disclosure Notice
- Notice of Special Enrollment Rights
- SBC Uniform Glossary
- Medicaid and CHIP Notice
Express Scripts (ESI) Pharmacy Benefit Manager
Dental Insurance (Cigna)
|DHMO||Total Cigna DPPO (Indemnity)
Vision Insurance (Superior Vision)
Preventive eye examinations are covered at 100% with no co-pay through CARES medical insurance, using a network provider.
- Vision Premiums
- Superior Vision
- Importance of Routine Eye Exams
- Getting Started Member Portal
- Finding In Network Providers Superior Select Southwest Network
Flexible Spending Account (Discovery Benefits)
- For the 2017 plan year (January 1, 2017-December 31, 2017) the maximum election for the health spending account is $2,600.
- For the 2017 plan year (January 1, 2017- December 31, 2017) the maximum election for the dependent care spending account is $5,000.
- Discovery Benefits administers the flexible benefits accounts.
- A $5.00 per month administrative fee is charged by Discovery Benefits.
- Debit cards will be provided for your use.
- Although some charges do not require receipt substantiation, it is advisable to retain all receipts in the event substantiation is required.
- How to Substantiate a claim
- Discovery Benefits will provide an option to order your spouse/dependent their own debit card. Order through the Discovery Benefits Portal or Customer Service 866.451.3399.
- Discovery Benefits Mobile APP
Individual Supplemental Dread Disease/Specific Occurrence Policies (Aflac)
Life Insurance (Sun Life)
- Sun Life is the carrier for college provided life insurance, as well as individual optional life insurance.
- Austin College provides life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance to all benefit eligible employees (effective on the first day of the month following date of hire). Coverage under this college-provided policy is 1.5 times annual earnings, not to exceed $50,000.
- Optional dependent life insurance in the amount of $10,000 for a spouse and $5,000 for a dependent child is available under this group policy. Employees are responsible for the $1.50 per month premium for spouse and/or dependent life insurance coverage. Sun Life Optional Benefit Summary
- Additional employee or spouse life insurance is available, subject to medical review.
- Sun Life Benefit Summary
- Change/Update your life insurance beneficiary Beneficiary Designations/Update
Direct Path (Formerly Patient Care)
Direct path, a health advocacy service, offers you the assistance of whenever you need it. This service is available at no cost. 866.253.2273
Teledoc is the first and largest provider of telehealth medical consults in the United States, giving you 24/7/365 access to quality medical care through phone and video consults. 800.835.2362.
Magellan Health Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential counseling and referral service that can help you and your family deal with life’s challenges. EAP services are available to you and your family at no cost and can help with things like stress, anxiety, depression, relationship problems, parenting, alcohol and drugs, legal issues and financial concerns.
The EAP is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by telephone. You also have up to 3 face-to-face counseling sessions per condition available to you. 800.327.1393
To view more information related to Magellan Health Services, select one of the CARES Magellan links.
Disability Insurance (Sun Life)
Austin College provides disability insurance through Sun Life for all benefit eligible employees (after 1 year of employment).
In the event a disability determination is made, benefits are 60% of monthly earnings up to a maximum of $8,000 per month. In the event of disability, this disability payment will be considered taxable unless you make a special election to pay tax on the premium that Austin College pays on your behalf.
Emergency Travel Assistance and Identity Theft Protection (provided through SunLife)
- Sun Life Travel Brochure
- Mobile APP
- Emergency Travel Assistance Information
- Identity Theft Protection Information
Texoma Educators Federal Credit Union
- Austin College employees are eligible for membership
Wellness at Austin College: Think Well, Get Well, Stay Well
Programs currently available:
- Third Saturday Hiking Group (contact Kim Snipes firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
- Wednesday Bike Rides (contact Joseph Allison email@example.com for more information)
- Nautilus Health Club membership incentives and monthly dues via payroll deduction (contact Nautilus at 903.892.4140 )
NOTE: Premiums are paid in advance.
Open Enrollment is the only opportunity for Austin College benefit-eligible employees to make changes to benefit elections for the coming year, unless a Special Enrollment occurs.