On Saturday, September 29, 2018, Austin College hosted the third annual TEDxAustinCollege event. It featured members of the Austin College community as speakers, TED talks, lunch, and an interactive Discovery Depot to explore ideas worth spreading. The theme was Changing Currents and honored 100 years of co-education at Austin College.
Speakers & Videos
- Shelby Bagby ‘20 - One Language is Not Enough ¿Por qué no los dos?
- Anissa Centers ‘93 - Looking Good While Falling Apart: There are some things in life even a great pair of stilettos won't fix
- Devin Gonier ‘09 - The Morality of Artificial Intelligence and the Power of the Unknowable
- Randi Tanglen, Ph.D. - How to be a Bad-ass Woman: Changing the Current in Daunting Political Times
- Aly Tharp ‘12 - Climate Chaos or Social Change? Choose one
- Rev. John Williams, Ph.D. ‘84 -Out of the Audience and into the Story: Including Marginalized Persons