On Saturday, September 28, 2019, Austin College hosted the fourth annual TEDxAustinCollege event. It featured members of the Austin College community as speakers, TED talks, lunch, and an interactive Discovery Depot to explore ideas worth spreading. The theme was Shifting Perceptions.
Speakers & Videos
- R. Aaron Flores '09 - Building Authentic Community by Seeing Your Neighbors
- Seth Howard '20 - A Millennial's Perspective on the 2008 Financial Crisis
- Minni Malhotra, M.D. - Your Pills Won’t Save You: The Power to Reverse Disease
- Kusha Mohammadi ’15 - Medical Clickbait: Are You Asking the Right Questions?
- Julia Shahid, Ed.D. - Teachers, Oats, and Rocket Science: What Makes a Great Teacher Great?
- Lindsay Williambrown ’02 - Accidental Anthropology: Working from Home, Homeless