The steering committee has made the call for student submission for the 2019 Austin College Student Scholarship Conference on Friday, March 22 and Saturday, March 23, 2019. Below is some important information to help navigate this process. Please do not hesitate to contact any member of the steering committee if you have questions or concerns.
Abstract Preparation and Submission
Each student submission must be made online through the ACSC webpage. Students must format their abstract or work synopsis according to the submission guidelines in order for the program to have some consistency in layout.
- The length limit on the abstract is 1800 characters.
- Each project needs to have a title (225 character limit)
- Students will select at that time, the format of their professional presentation (poster, talk, performance, etc)
- Every student submission must have an Austin College Faculty Sponsor within the discipline.
- Each Faculty Sponsor will be responsible for the intellectual content of the student’s submission.
We want to encourage Faculty Sponsors to work closely with students on the preparation of their abstract prior to submission.
Faculty Sponsor Requirements
When the student submits an abstract, the faculty sponsor listed will receive a copy via email. Faculty sponsors will be asked to confirm the student project prior to the committee evaluation and selection process. This allows departments to use either an invitation process or a student application process. At the start of the spring semester, faculty sponsors will also be required to submit a brief letter that confirms progress toward completion of the project and preparedness to present during the conference on March 22 and 23. Please note that the cost for poster printing or other needs directly associated with student presentations may be covered by the conference budget.