Thursday Lunch Topics | This Month’s Events
Reading Groups | Events & Activities | Additional Resources
Johnson Center – April & May 2019 Events
- Wednesday, April 3 – Sabbatical Series: “Pura Vida in Costa Rica: Revitalized by Energy and Culture,” Bradley Smucker, reception at 4:30 p.m. Mabee Hall, Lecture at 5:00 p.m., Mabee Hall
- Thursday, April 4 – Thursday Lunch: New and Pre-Tenure Faculty: “How to teach a great first day of class,” WCC 245
- Thursday, April 4 – Thursday Lunch: 3rd-5th year Faculty, CDP workshop: “How to Write your CDP,” Moseley Room
- Thursday, April 11 – Thursday Lunch: Greek Life Standards of Excellence, Sunita Nayani, WCC 231
- Thursday, April 18 – Thursday Lunch: “Locating Writing Instruction Across the Disciplines,” Lisha Daniels Storey, WCC 231
- Thursday, April 25 – Thursday Lunch: Digital Pedagogies: “Gratis in the Classroom: Ways Faculty Use Open Educational Resources (OER),” Brett Boessen, WCC 231
- Thursday, May 2 – Thursday Lunch: New and pre-tenure faculty: “What does success look like for you?” WCC 254A
- Thursday, May 2 – Thursday Lunch: Post-tenure faculty: “Approaches to the post-tenure CDP and sabbatical proposal,” WCC 254B
- Thursday, May 9 – Thursday Lunch: “Responses to President Trump’s Executive Order on Campus Free Speech,” roundtable discussion, WCC 231
Tuesday Lunches will be held in the Moseley Room, 11:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Thursday Lunches with speakers will be held in WCC 231, 11:00 a.m. — 1:00 p.m., with the program beginning at 11:30 a.m.
*Please sign in at the cashier’s table, courtesy of the Johnson Center*