Thursday Lunch Topics | This Month’s Events
Reading Groups | Events & Activities | Additional Resources
Johnson Center – August and September 2018 Events
- Thursday, August 23 — Thursday Lunch: “Children, Adolescents, or Adults: How Do We Treat Our Students?” Peter Marks, Renee Countryman, Jessica Healy, and Bob Cape, WCC 231
- Thursday, August 30 — Thursday Lunch: “The Role of Coaches in Recruiting, Mentoring, and Retention,” Lisa Brown, Michelle Filander, Ed Garza, Loren Dawson, Bob Filander, and Mark Hudson, WCC 231
- Thursday, September 6 — Thursday Lunch: New and Pre-Tenure Faculty: “Questions, Resources, Opportunities,” Andrea Overbay and Marty Wells, WCC 245
- Thursday, September 6 — Thursday Lunch: Post-Tenure Faculty: “When, How, and Why to go up for Full Professor,” Steve Goldsmith, David Griffith and Max Grober, WCC 255
- Thursday, September 13 — Thursday Lunch: CREATE@AC: “Models and Standards for Undergraduate Research,” Lance Barton and the CREATE committee, WCC 231
- Thursday, September 13 — A.J. Carlson Lecture on the Liberal Arts: “Liberal Education and Democratic Citizenship,” Dr. Roosevelt Montás, Reception at 4:30 p.m. Mabee Hall, Lecture at 5:00 p.m. Mabee Hall
- Tuesday, September 18 – “Inventing Modern Chinese Environmentalism: Conserving Trees in Republican China, 1911-1937,” Larissa Pitts, WCC 231
- Thursday, September 20 — Thursday Lunch: “Democracy and Liberal Education: Faculty Response to Roosevelt Montás,” Panel Discussion, WCC 231
- Thursday, September 27 — Thursday Lunch: “Changes in Texas High School Curriculum and Diploma Endorsements,” Alan Ramirez, WCC 231
Tuesday Lunches will be held in the Moseley Room, 11:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Thursday Lunches with speakers will be held in WCC 231, 11:00 a.m. — 1:00 p.m., with the program beginning at 11:30 a.m.
*Please sign in at the cashier’s table, courtesy of the Johnson Center*