The Austin College A Cappella Choir is the primary choral ensemble at the college. It is a 40-voice mixed ensemble made up of freshmen through seniors and all majors.
- Three 75 min rehearsals per week
- Two-thirds of Choir members are
- All years. All experience levels
- Instrumentalists who haven't sung
in a choir are welcome.
Members of the A Cappella Choir may also audition for select small groups such as the Consort (vocal jazz), Descant (treble a cappella), and the Camerata (select chamber group).
HOW TO JOIN THE CHOIR...
The Choir holds auditions each fall for new members. (Continuing members do not re-audition.) In some years, there are also a limited number of places open for the Spring semester.
Private lessons are required of all voice majors or minors. Lessons are also available for interested non-majors depending on availability. Students must sing in the A Cappella Choir to take voice lessons.
DIRECTOR OF VOCAL & CHORAL MUSIC
Dr. Wayne Crannell
Craig Hall 101
- Oct 2nd | Covenant Presbyterian Church
- Oct 29-30 | Homecoming Weekend
- Nov 13 | Fall Concert
- Dec 1 | Lessons and Carols
- SPRING TOUR -- March 31 to April 4