In-Person/On-Campus Auditions are March 9, 2021
Applications with Video Auditions Accepted Now
Our music ensembles are exciting, fun, and will encourage you to sing and play to your very best. We want you to continue to be involved with music in college, and we have music scholarships to help make that possible. At Austin College our ensembles are filled with music majors and non-majors alike and we have scholarships for both categories of musicians. The scholarship requires an audition; for those receiving a scholarship the only requirement is to continue in your ensemble. Keep reading below for answers to your music scholarship questions.
Do I have to major in music?
No. No one comes to Austin College as a major in anything. Music scholarships are awarded based on your audition, and you do not have to major or minor in order to receive one.
What does the audition entail?
- Vocalists: Two contrasting classical pieces. Preferably one in a foreign language. CHORAL PARTS OR BROADWAY SONGS ARE NOT APPROPRIATE. (both pieces must be accompanied)
- Instrumentalists: Two contrasting pieces which may be etudes, sonatas, concertos, or stand-alone pieces. CONCERT EXCERPTS ARE NOT APPROPRIATE. (one must be accompanied however both can be if the applicant desires)
The music faculty will also speak with you for a few minutes about your plans for music in college.
How do I apply?
- Complete your application to Austin College.
- Fill out an ONLINE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION.
- Contact the Music Department to schedule your audition.
- AUDITIONS COORDINATOR: Sheila Weaver OR call 903.813.2251
Can I audition remotely?
Yes. Please speak with the auditions coordinator who can provide you with details of that process.