Dates for this year's auditions are: January 20, February 17, February 22, and March 28.
Scholarships are available for incoming freshmen based on an audition the previous spring. These awards range from $1000 to $5000 and are renewable provided you participate satisfactorily in your assigned ensemble for the entire school year.
Do I have to major in music?
No. No one comes to Austin College as a major in anything. Music scholarships are awarded based on your audition, and you do not have to major or minor in order to receive one.
What does the audition entail?
- Vocalists: Two contrasting classical pieces. Preferably one in a foreign language. CHORAL PARTS OR BROADWAY SONGS ARE NOT APPROPRIATE.
- Instrumentalists: Two contrasting pieces which may be etudes, sonatas, concertos, or stand-alone pieces. CONCERT EXCERPTS ARE NOT APPROPRIATE.
The music faculty will also speak with you for a few minutes about your plans for music in college.
How do I apply?
- Complete your application to Austin College.
- Fill out an ONLINE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION.
- Contact the Music Department to schedule your audition.
- AUDITIONS COORDINATOR: Sheila Weaver OR call 903.813.2251
Can I audition remotely?
Yes. Please speak with the auditions coordinator who can provide you with details of that process.