Austin College is committed to keeping college affordable and attainable for high-achieving high school seniors in Grayson and Collin Counties.
Benefits of the Program:
- Tuition costs of no more than $17,000 for the 2023-2024 academic year.*
- Automatic waiver to live at home (a cost savings of more than $12,000 per year.)
- Finish in Four Guarantee – graduate in 2027
- High School GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Apply using: Common Application, ApplyTexas, or the Coalition Application (Priority consideration February 1)
- One Admission Essay (250-650 words; a topic of your choice)
- High School Transcript
- Optional application materials include:
- An admission interview with a member of the admission staff. Call 1.800.KANGAROO (526.4276) or contact your specific admission representative to schedule an interview;
- Letters of Recommendation from an academic teacher or college counselor;
- A graded English or History paper/essay;
- Standardized Test Scores: SAT (code #6016) or ACT (code #4058). You will be asked to indicate on the application whether you wish to apply test-optional or with test scores. If you have already submitted test scores, or they are included on your high school transcript, we will still honor your wish to be considered for admission without test score consideration.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Come be a part of a dynamic college community with experiential learning, a distinctive JanTerm, over 55 majors and minors, and more than 80 student organizations. Austin College has been your neighbor in Grayson and Collin County for nearly 145 years. We are a nationally recognized, private college providing an excellent education in the liberal arts and sciences. We are committed to supporting the high school seniors of Grayson and Collin County as they begin their college degrees and move toward achieving their personal goals.
Understanding your Tuition Costs:
The above scenarios are estimates. Once you have submitted your FAFSA, the Office of Financial Aid invites you to schedule a personal review of your expected costs. Contact the Office of Financial Aid at 903.813.2900.
*Tuition costs for the remaining years are subject to modest increases which historically have averaged 3% per year.