Austin College Alumni and First Decade Award
Distinguished Alumni Award
The Distinguished Alumni Award is given to individuals for their sustained, distinguished accomplishments and contributions to any field of human endeavor that brings the highest honor to the award recipient and to Austin College.
Selection as Distinguished Alumni is one of the highest honors granted to an alumnus/alumna of Austin College. The following criteria will be used to review each nominee and will be the basis for comparison with other nominees:
- Exemplifies leadership that would distinguish an individual from others in the chosen field of endeavor, recognizing that Austin College alumni exemplify leadership in many fields, professional or otherwise. Contributions do not need to be publicly renowned, but should represent important effort or accomplishment.
- Exemplifies leadership in community involvement and service to others.
- Provides inspiration to all Austin College community members by virtue of leadership, service, and high ethical standards.
- Exhibits and maintains connection with, support of, and advocacy for Austin College, its mission, and its students.
A detailed statement of nomination should address as many of the above mentioned areas of excellence as possible.
First Decade Award
The First Decade Award is given for exemplary achievement in one’s chosen profession or for outstanding service to the College or the community at large during the person’s first 10 years as a member of the Austin College alumni community. Persons nominated and selected to receive the First Decade Award have achieved at least two of the required qualifications identified for the Distinguished Alumni Award, except they must have realized such accomplishment during the first 10 years after graduation from Austin College. Accordingly, the Awards Committee may or may not present a First Decade Award every year.
The nominator should submit the following:
- A completed nomination form (required).
- One or more letters of support detailing the nominee’s qualifications and accomplishments (optional but highly recommended).
- Any additional information that you think would be helpful to the members of the Awards Committee in making their selection (optional but highly recommended).
- Complete biographical information on the nominee (optional but highly recommended).
All nominations and supporting materials must be received by February 28, 2018.
The Awards Committee of the Austin College Alumni Board will review all submitted information and after careful consideration, present its recommendations to the full Alumni Board for approval.
The awardees will be notified of their selection by June 30. Awards will be presented at the Alumni and Volunteer Awards dinner during Homecoming and Family Weekend.
Nominations for those candidates not selected will be retained for future consideration for up to three years. Nominations may be made online. If you would prefer to print the form, it may be mailed or faxed to the Office of Alumni Relations:
Nominations for the 2018 awards are now being accepted
and must be submitted by February 28, 2018.
Austin College Alumni Office
900 North Grand Avenue, Suite 6G
Sherman, Texas 75090
903.813.2384 or 1.800.467.6646