For New International Students
The 2019 Orientation for New International Students will be held August 18-22. The orientation aims to introduce you to life on the Austin College campus and the North Texas area.
Sessions will cover a number of topics, including:
- Setting up a bank account
- Getting a mobile phone
- How to obtain a student photo identification card
- New student registration
- Important academic year dates
- An introduction to student services
- Volunteer opportunities in the Sherman Community
- Introduction to student clubs & organizations
You will also have a tour of the campus and of the surrounding area, which will include a visit to some local stores and a chance to shop for personal items. During the orientation, you will meet some current Austin College students and have the opportunity to talk to them about life at Austin College.