Duties of President:
- Presides over Greek Council meetings.
- Serves as the primary representative of Greek Life at major college functions and within the Greek Community.
- Plans agenda for Greek Council meetings.
- Required to meet with the Director of Student Activities on a weekly basis.
- Allowed a vote in Greek Council Meetings in the event of a tie.
- Responsible for bringing any current policies or issues to the Greek Council for discussion.
- Appoint committee chairs with the approval of Greek Council for committees created by the Council as deemed necessary.
Duties of Vice President:
- Serves as Greek Review Board Chair
- Oversees the Greek Executive Council Public Relations Chair’s duties.
- Serves the role of President in the event of the President’s absence.
- Responsible for drafting policies for Greek Council to review and discuss in consultation with Greek Executive Council and Greek Review Board
Duties of Secretary:
- Records minutes for all Greek Council meetings.
- Maintains and distributes rosters of Greek Executive Council Officers and Greek Organization Presidents to all Greek Organizations and Student Life Office
- Maintains and distributes/updates the calendar of Greek Council and Greek Life-coordinated events and to record attendance of Greek Organizations at Greek Council meetings and functions.
Duties of Treasurer:
- Creates and maintains the Greek Life budget
- Collects semester dues and, as ordered, fines from Greek organizations
- Presents a budget report at bi weekly Greek Council Meetings
- Submit proposals to Greek Council for usage of Greek Council Funds
Duties of Public Relations Chair:
- Chair of Greek Life Promo Team (if appointed for the specific year)
- Maintains and promptly updates all necessary Greek Life information and publications on the Austin College website, AC Greek Life Official social media pages, etc.
- Oversees marketing efforts of all Greek Council Related events