The sponsor for the organization will be the Director of Student Activities.
Purpose of the organization:
To RECOGNIZE those fraternity men and women who have attained a high standard of leadership in interfraternity activities, to ENCOURAGE them to continue along this line, and to INSPIRE others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment;
To UNITE outstanding fraternity men and women to create an organization which will help to mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate fraternity affairs;
To BRING TOGETHER members of the faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution’s fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding and helpfulness;
To help CREATE an atmosphere where ideas and issues can be discussed openly across Greek lines and to help work out solutions.
Benefits of the organization:
- Order of Omega will consist of members in the Greek Community that are established student leaders. The chapter shall be responsible for a main project within Greek Life; the Geek Awards program.
- Members are eligible to apply for scholarships offered by Order of Omega (national).
- The local chapter will be eligible to apply for programming grants offered by Order of Omega (national).
- Each student that becomes a member will have a one-time membership fee of $50 due to Order of Omega (national), which covers a membership certificate and pin.
- Membership will be open fifteen (15) students each year.
- Minimum eligibility includes Greek members who have a cumulative GPA in the top half of the All-Greek cumulative GPA (2019: 3.184 or higher).
- No more than 2 applicants per group
- Applicants are juniors or seniors.
- Members will also be selected based on their leadership experiences; within their respective Greek organization, the Austin College community, and the community at-large.