The MyStudentBody Comprehensive College Health Suite provides reliable college health information in a customizable format. Working together with college students and nationally renowned experts, the MyStudentBody suite tackles the most relevant health-related issues on college campuses today. MyStudentBody can help reduce student health risks on the individual and campus community level by:
- Offering Alcohol, Drug, and Sexual Violence courses tailored for at-risk populations, new students, athletes, and Greeks.
- Serving as a general wellness resource addressing Alcohol, Drugs, Tobacco Use, Sexual Health, Nutrition and Stress with motivational self-assessments modeled on the effective BASICS program.
Instructions for completion of the MyStudentBody Essentials Course for “First Year Students” are below. Also below are links for instructions for “Taking MSB by Choice, Greek Organizations, and Parent” logins, along with FAQ’s.
By Choice Students | Greek Organizations | Parent Login | FAQ’s
REQUIRED FOR FIRST YEAR STUDENTS
MyStudentBody Registration Instructions
Austin College is excited to offer new students and other members of the Austin College community the opportunity to experience MyStudentBody. Our hope is that students will use this resource throughout their time at Austin College, and not just because of a requirement or class assignment.
While first-year students are requested as part of their admissions process to visit the site, any member of the Austin College student body who wants to learn more about alcohol and drugs in an up-to-date, non-judging manner can visit.
Your responses will be kept anonymous, and will not be associated with your name in any way. We respect your privacy. Administrators or parents who would like to have a sample visit to MyStudentBody are encouraged to call 903.813.2306.
There are numerous studies that show that the first few months of college are a very important time in the overall academic career of a student. In our experience at Austin College, we have also observed that many of the alcohol and drug-related disciplinary incidents occurring each semester involve first-year students. Additionally, in recent academic years, colleges have had alcohol and drug-related student fatalities, some of which might have been prevented if the victims or bystanders had been more knowledgeable about alcohol and drugs. We offer this program in the hopes that it will reduce alcohol and drug-related disciplinary incidents and other problems for first-year students here at Austin College.
For more information about first-year students and alcohol and drug use, please visit the following sites:
- The Center on Alcohol Marketing and Youth – Consequences of Underage Drinking
- College Drinking Prevention
If you are having problems accessing MyStudentBody due to issues with the website, please view the FAQs. If you are still having problems accessing the site after following the suggestions, please contact techsupport@MyStudentBody.com.
We ask that first-year students complete the “Essentials” course by August 1st.
If you have additional questions about campus procedures related to MyStudentBody, or if you need a disability accommodation, please call 903.813.2306 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log-In Instructions for Entering Freshmen
You have been required to take MyStudentBody: Essentials. Follow these instructions to get started.
- Go to MyStudentBody and create your secure account. Enter your Austin College email address, select a password, and enter kangaroos as the school code. Follow the on-screen prompts to enter required security and demographic information. Click Continue.
- From the My Stuff page, select the Essentials Course by clicking Take Now under Status.
- Select either the Alcohol, Drugs, or Sexual Violence module to begin, and complete the questionnaire and pre-test for the selected module.
- Complete all module material. (Note: Some material is designated as optional; however, you may still be tested on it.) You don’t have to complete the material all at once; take as many breaks as you need.
- Complete the post-test.
NOTE: The course consists of three modules. Repeat steps 3-5 for all three modules. You must complete the course by August 1, with a passing score of 80%. You will have 5 attempts to complete and pass the course.
- Complete the course survey. The survey will ask you to rate your overall experience with the Essentials courses.
- View your certificate of completion and print a copy for your records, or if you choose, you may email a copy of the certificate to yourself. You do not need to email the certificate of completion to campus. We will be able to track your completion of the course online.
After receiving your certificate you’ll return to the My Stuff page, where you’ll be free to explore other areas of the website, such as the library in the Student Center, or ask questions in the Advice area.
Essentials includes a follow-up assessment that helps you see how you have changed since you took the course. You will receive an email 90 days after you complete the course asking you to log in to MyStudentBody and complete the 10-minute assessment. Please fill out the assessment as soon as possible after receiving the email. The information learned from this assessment will help improve alcohol and drug educational programs on your campus. Your responses will be completely confidential.
NOTE: Please add email@example.com to your list of approved senders to make sure the follow-up email reaches you.
For Technical Support and Questions:
Click Site Help, available at the bottom of every screen on MyStudentBody, to get answers to common questions. If you still need help due to a problem related to website performance, please use the Technical Support Request form. If you have a question about course deadlines or other campus-specific issues, please call 903.813.2306.
For 24/7 resources and advice:
- Click on the Student Center tab near the top of the page. Content will be categorized into six different sections: Facts and Figures, Health Concerns, Healthy Choices, Rules and Regulations, Social Scenes, and Sports and Fitness. Click View All to see more articles, videos, and tools.
- Click on the Advice tab near the top of the page. Here you can ask questions and someone on our panel of experts will answer you. You can also view past questions and responses.
- To visit other wellness sites such as Nutrition, Stress, Tobacco, and Sexual Health go to the My Stuff page and select a topic from the group in the lower left corner.
- If you would like to do any self-assessments to learn about your own perceptions and behaviors, go to the My Stuff page and click Take Now next to any of the assessments listed under the brown header labeled Rate Myself.
- For campus resources, click the orange Campus Resources button in the lower right corner.
For technical issues, please contact MyStudentBody: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional questions, contact us: email@example.com