- 2020 Medical Premiums
- 2020 Plan Choices (PPO 90 is closed to new entrants)
- PPO 90 Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- PPO 80 Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- PP0 70 Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- HDHP Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Prescription Plan: benefit is identical for all PPO plans; prescription coverage premium is included in monthly medical premium; the High Deductible Plan (HDHP) treats prescription drugs as any other medical expense, subject to the Plan deductible and coinsurance
- CARES requires certain documentation when adding a spouse/dependent to your insurance Dependent Documentation
Find out if your doctor is in the BCBSTX Bluechoice PPO Network by contacting member services at 888.762.2190 or access the provider finder feature at www.bcbstx.com and select Blue Choice PPO.
Member Rewards—a new program, administered by Vitals, that offers cash rewards when a lower-cost, quality provider
is selected from several offered possibilities. Employees receiving $600 or above in cash rewards during the year are subject to taxation, per IRS guidelines, and will receive a Form 1099-Misc from Vitals.
How Does It Work?
1. When a doctor recommends treatment, log in to Blue Access for Members at http://www.bcbstx.com
2. Click Doctors and Hospitals Tab – then on Find a Doctor or Hospital – and Shop for Procedures
3. Choose a Member Rewards eligible location, and you may earn a cash reward
4. Complete your procedure and, once verified, you will receive a check within 4 to 6 weeks
Questions? Call the number on the back of your member ID card.
Health Savings Account (HSA Bank)
A voluntary Health Savings Account (HSA) from HSA Bank will be offered for those on the High Deducible Health Plan.
• Contribute on a pre-tax basis through payroll deduction
• Monthly administration fee $1.75
• Annual contribution maximum (based on your coverage election) Individual $3,550, Family $7,100
• Additional $1,000 “Catch-up” Contribution (employees age 55 and older)
With Smart90, you have two ways to get up to a 90-day supply of your long-term maintenance medication at your local Walgreens. You can conveniently fill those prescriptions either through home delivery from the Express Scripts Pharmacy or at a Walgreens near you.
What are some benefits to Voluntary Smart 90?
- Members have a choice of home delivery or retail for their 90-day maintenance medications
- You have the same copay whether you choose a 90-day supply via mail or retail
Benefits Value Advisor
Our medical plans include Benefits Value Advisor (BVA). You have a choice when deciding where to go for care. BVA can help you choose cost-effective doctors and facilities for procedures such as: MRIs, child birth, knee surgery, endoscopies, etc.
How a Benefits Value Advisor help me?
- Understand your benefits
- Find in-network doctors and hospitals to help avoid out-of-network costs
- Schedule doctor visits
For additional information call BVA at 888.762.2190
MDLIVE Virtual Visits
Our medical plans include MDLIVE Virtual Visits. MDLIVE provides you and your covered dependents 24/7/365 access to board-certified physicians for non-emergency medical care through the convenience of phone or video consults.
Cost for an MDLIVE Virtual visit is $10.00 if you are enrolled in a PPO plan, or $44.00 if you are enrolled in the HDHP plan.
MDLIVE doctors and therapists can help treat many common medical conditions, including:
- General health issues such as allergies, asthma, nausea, and sinus infections
- Pediatric care such as cold or flu, ear infections, and pinkeye
- Behavioral health issues like anxiety or depression, child behavior or learning issues, and marital problems
To register or learn more about MDLIVE Virtual Visits, visit http://www.mdlive.com or by phone at 888.726.3171, download the MDLIVE APP from the APP store.
Blue Distinction Centers
Blue Distinction Centers have demonstrated expertise in delivering clinically proven specialty health care. The goal is to help you find excellent care, while encouraging health care professionals to improve the overall quality and delivery of care.
Blue Distinction Centers are available for the following specialty health services:
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiac Care
- Complex and Rare Cancers
- Knee and Hip Replacement
- Spine Surgery
How can you find a Blue Distinction Center?
- Speak with a BCBS Customer Advocate at 877.768.2005 for assistance in selecting a Blue Distinction Center.
Dental Insurance (Cigna)
|DHMO||Total Cigna DPPO (Indemnity)
Vision Insurance (Superior Vision)
Preventive eye examinations are covered at 100% with no co-pay through CARES medical insurance, using a network provider.
- Superior Vision
- Importance of Routine Eye Exams
- Getting Started Member Portal
- Finding In Network Providers Superior Select Southwest Network
Flexible Spending Account (Connect Your Care)
A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) allows you to budget and save for qualified medical expenses incurred over the course of your plan year. Dollars invested in an FSA are tax-free, and the entire election amount is available on the first day of the plan year. That makes an FSA a great tool for saving money, especially when big expenses are anticipated.
A Dependent Care Account (DCA) covers expenses such as work related daycare and elderly care costs. You may only receive reimbursement from your account equal to the amount you actually deposited.
- For the 2020 plan year (January 1, 2020-December 31, 2020) the maximum election for the flexible spending account is $2,750.
- For the 2020 plan year (January 1, 2020- December 31, 2020) the maximum election for the dependent care account is $5,000
- Connect Your Care administers the flexible benefits accounts
- A $3.10 per month administrative fee is charged by Connect Your Care
- Debit cards will be provided
- Although some charges do not require receipt substantiation, it is advisable to retain all receipts in the event substantiation is required
- Connect Your Care will provide an option to order your spouse/dependent their own debit card
- Customer Service 833.229.4435
- Eligible expenses
- Manual Claim Form
Individual Supplemental Dread Disease/Specific Occurrence Policies (Aflac)
- Accident Advantage Brochure
- Cancer Care Brochure
- Critical Care Brochure
- Hospital Choice Brochure
- Aflac Rate Sheet
Life Insurance (Mutual of Omaha)
- Mutual of Omaha is the carrier for college provided life insurance, as well as individual optional life insurance. Austin College provides life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance to all benefit eligible employees (effective on the first day of the month following date of hire). Coverage under this college-provided policy is 1.5 times annual earnings, not to exceed $50,000.
- Optional dependent life insurance in the amount of $10,000 for a spouse and $5,000 for a dependent child is available under this group policy. Employees are responsible for the $1.50 per month premium for spouse and/or dependent life insurance coverage.
- Additional employee or spouse life insurance is available, subject to medical review.
- Change/Update your life insurance beneficiary: Beneficiary Form
Mutual of Omaha Employee Assistance Program
Life’s not always easy. Sometimes a personal or professional issue can get in the way of maintaining a healthy, productive life. Mutual of Omaha Employee Assistance Program (EAP) can be the answer for you and your family.
Mutual of Omaha’s EAP can assist Austin College employees and their eligible dependents with personal or job-related concerns, including:
- Emotional well being
- Family and relationships
- Legal and financials
- Healthy lifestyles
- Work and life transitions
Don’t delay if you need help. Visit mutualofomaha.com/eap or call 800.316.2796 for a confidential consultation and resource services. Mention CARES/Austin College
Disability Insurance (Mutual of Omaha)
Austin College provides disability insurance through Mutual of Omaha for all benefit eligible employees (effective on the first day of the month following date of hire).
In the event a disability determination is made, benefits are 60% of monthly earnings up to a maximum of $8,000 per month. In the event of disability, this disability payment will be considered taxable unless you make a special election to pay tax on the premium that Austin College pays on your behalf. (Complete the form at the bottom of this page).
Worldwide Travel Assistance (Mutual of Omaha)
- WorldwideTravel Assistance
Will and Legal Document Preparation
You have access to no cost, online will, power of attorney, health care directive, and living trust preparation services provided by Epoq.
- Free Online Will Preparation
- Log on to www.willprepservices.com
- Use Code MUTUALWILLS to register
- Answer the simple questions and watch the customization of your document in real-time
Amplifon Hearing Discount
- Custom hearing solutions – we find the solution that
best fits your lifestyle and your budget from one of our
- Risk-free 60-day trial – 100 percent money-back
guarantee on hearing aid purchase
- Hearing aid low price guarantee – if you find the same
product at a lower price, bring us the local quote and we’ll
not only match it, we’ll beat it by 5 percent
- Continuous Care – one year free follow-up, two years of
free batteries and a three-year warranty
Call Amplifon at 888-534-1747 and a Patient Care Advocate will assist you in finding a hearing care provider near you.
Texoma Educators Federal Credit Union
- Austin College employees are eligible for membership
Wellness at Austin College: Think Well, Get Well, Stay Well
- Nautilus Health Club membership incentives and monthly dues via payroll deduction (contact Nautilus at 903.892.4140)
- Austin College Retirement Plan
- Mandatory Plan Salary Reduction Agreement
- Supplemental Salary Reduction Agreement
- 15 Year Rule Salary Reduction Agreement
Annual Enrollment is the only opportunity for Austin College benefit-eligible employees to make changes to benefit elections for the coming year, unless a Special Enrollment occurs.
NOTE: Premiums are paid in advance.