Designed for administrative professionals in higher education, this series addresses ways to be more effective in their current positions while developing skills used to grow into different career avenues. Guest speakers and leaders from our own community will share their approaches to professional development along with helpful tools, resources, and the positive mindset needed for success.
Admin Workshop 1: Wednesday, September 21 (Virtual) – Effective Communication for Higher Education Professionals (sponsored by TWHE)
- Led by Penny Piercy (Full Time Lecturer, College of Technology, University of Houston)
- Administrative professionals will learn critical communication skills to be effective in higher education settings.
Admin Workshop 2: Thursday, October 20 (Virtual) – Outlook 365: The Efficiency Experience
- Led by Dr. Corinne Hoisington (Professor of Information Systems Technology, Central Virginia Community College)
- Administrative professionals will learn how to effectively use MS Outlook to manage information in email, calendar, task lists, and more.
Admin Workshop 3: Wednesday, November 16, 12pm-1pm – Communicating Through Conflict
- Led by Amanda Bobo, MBA (Associate Director of Employer Relations, Southern Methodist University)
- Administrative professionals will identify their personal conflict style, learn strategies for resolving conflict, and communication tactics to manage issues.