Austin College has adopted an annual institutional effectiveness assessment process for the non-academic units, which parallels the academic programs and curriculum assessment, outlined in the AC Operational Guide – GM 4: Planning and Evaluation.
Important Assessment Dates for Non-Academic Units
Each Academic Year
September 15 – (1) Assessment Reports for the previous year due to VPs of division. (2) Launch this year’s assessment.
September 30 – VPs approve and submit Assessment Reports from their division to Institutional Research who will organize and post for the Institutional Effectiveness Committee to review, provide feedback and summarize.
Current Report Templates
- Administrative Assessment Report Template (rev. June 2022)
- Academic and Student Support Services Assessment Report Template (rev. June 2022)
- Administrative Assessment Definitions and Checklists (rev. June 2022)
- Academic and Student Support Services Definitions and Checklists (rev. June 2022)
Which report template do we use?
- Departments with outcomes that are not expressed in terms of students should select Administrative.
- Departments with student-centric outcomes should select Academic and Student Support Services.
Contact the Executive Director of Institutional Research and Registrar for assistance with the process and forms or plan feedback at x2371.