The College Green in Honor of John D. and Sara Bernice Moseley and Distinguished Faculty recognizes the significant contributions to Austin College made by the Moseleys through nearly 50 years of involvement, as well as the emeriti faculty of the College.
John D. Moseley led Austin College as president from 1953 to 1978 and served as chancellor from 1978 to 1981. He and his wife, Sara Bernice, remained active in the life of Austin College until their deaths.
The College Green is a park-like setting on the former site of the Student Union Building. The lawn gently slopes up to create a natural amphitheater, making the area ideal for outdoor concerts and campus gatherings.