Career Peer Advisor (CPA)
Academic Year 2020-2021
- Be a rising sophomore or junior
- Have a 2.75 grade point average
- Possess the interest and desire to work with their peers in an educational programming relationship
- Enthusiastic about presenting in front of groups and be a great communicator
- Be a team player as well as able to work independently
- Apply with an application and resume. Download “Resume Basics” and “Resume Samples” if you need help.
- Be able to commit to a definite 9-hour weekly schedule
This position is an integral part of Career Services programming that requires:
- Strong initiative
- Work with students to develop and critique resumes
- Creative use of current technologies (excel, PowerPoint, social media, web based research, (some knowledge of video editing is a plus)
- Conducting evaluations, designing bulletin boards, circulating educational materials, plus additional responsibilities related to the position
- This position is a stipend position with payment on a bi-weekly schedule
- This is not work-study
- Fall schedule is time intensive – although not always work in January, will continue to be paid
- Time balances out over the year
- Applicant will need to be able to return to school early in the fall for a two-day training session
Application deadline is June 15. Zoom/Phone interviews will be scheduled in late June.
Notification will be made by the end of July.
You will need to provide the following link to two faculty or one faculty and one staff/sponsor who have had experiences with you and can recommend you as a peer educator: https://www.austincollege.edu/cpa-faculty-recommendation.