Tired of waiting for college decisions? Is Austin College one of your top choices? Ready to know if you’re “in”?
If you’re Decision Ready and want to receive your admission and scholarship decision by November 15, 2019, follow two easy steps to apply:
- Complete and submit your application by November 1, 2019, (including all required supplemental materials).
- Visit campus by November 1, 2019, (if you haven’t visited already).
That’s it! Two simple steps to get your admission and scholarship decision by November 15.
Need more reasons to be Decision Ready?
- You’ll be first in line for financial aid. The Financial Aid Office will start to assemble your award package using your FAFSA data. Don’t forget to send AC your FAFSA using code #003543.
- You can start planning sooner for your first year in college.
- You’ll be able to share the news with family and friends at Thanksgiving—and don’t forget to use #RooNation on social media.
Applications Considered for Decision Ready will be reviewed holistically. That means we are looking at much more than your grades and test scores. Your academic achievements are an important part of determining if you are prepared for Austin College academics, but we want to see other achievements and talents, too. We want to learn about your extracurricular or volunteer activities, your involvement with a job or church, and the ideas and interests that make you who you are—and what you will bring to the Austin College community.
Academic and Application Requirements
Students should be in good academic standing and taking classes that are challenging. Your transcript should include a nice distribution of courses, in true liberal arts style.
We expect the application, recommendations from counselors and teachers, your admission essay, and an interview with a member of our Admission staff to give us the rest of the story about who you are and what you value.
Austin College accepts either ACT or SAT scores, and as policy, we “super score.” This means combine your highest subscores from different test dates to make a highest “superscore.” We feel what is important is that we see your highest potential in each sub-section, not just how you scored during one session.
We recognize that standardized test scores do not accurately measure some students’ full potential for success. Though we look beyond the numbers during the application review, we also are delighted to offer a test optional admission track.
- Students who chose not to submit test scores are required to submit a graded expository writing paper with final grade and teacher comments.
- We recommend that test-optional applicants complete an interview with an admission counselor.
- This track is available to all U.S. applicants who attend an accredited private or public high school.
- Homeschool and international applicants must submit test scores.
*Decision Ready is a non-binding admission decision. You and your family are encouraged to consider your financial aid package and work with your admission counselor to review all the advantages of Austin College.