Tired of waiting for college decisions? Is Austin College one of your top choices? Ready to know if you’re “in”?
If you’re Decision Ready and want to receive your admission and scholarship decision by November 15, 2020, follow two easy steps to apply:
- Complete and submit your application by November 1, 2020, (including all required supplemental materials).
- Visit with us by November 1, 2020, (if you haven’t visited already).
- Join us for an individualized on-campus or virtual visit or
- Schedule an admission interview during the week, Monday – Friday.
That’s it! Two simple steps to get your admission and scholarship decision by November 15.
Need more reasons to be Decision Ready?
- You’ll be first in line for financial aid. The Financial Aid Office will start to assemble your award package using your FAFSA data. Don’t forget to send AC your FAFSA using code #003543.
- You can start planning sooner for your first year in college.
- You’ll be able to share the news with family and friends at Thanksgiving—and don’t forget to use #RooNation on social media.
Applications Considered for Decision Ready will be reviewed holistically. That means we will evaluate all of the parts of your application – not just one piece. Your academic achievements are an important part of determining if you are prepared for Austin College academics, but we want to see other achievements and talents, too. We want to learn about your extracurricular or volunteer activities, your involvement with a job or faith community, and the ideas and interests that make you who you are. All of these elements will speak to what you will bring to Austin College.
We look beyond the numbers during the application review, which is why Austin College has been test-optional for the past four years. This path isn’t something new to us, but in light of the COVID-19 pandemic we are encouraging students to apply Test-Optional so as not to risk their health and safety when taking the test.
- Submit a graded expository writing paper with final grade and teacher comments.
- We recommend an interview with an admission counselor.
- This track is available to all U.S. applicants who attend an accredited private or public high school. Non-native English speakers enrolled in school internationally are required to submit SAT, ACT, TOEFL or IELTS scores.
Academic and Application Requirements
Students should be in good academic standing and taking classes that are challenging. Your transcript should include a nice distribution of courses, in true liberal arts style.
We expect the application, recommendations from counselors and teachers, your admission essay, and an interview with a member of our Admission staff to give us the rest of the story about who you are and what you value.
Due to ongoing standardized testing disruptions associated with the COVID-19 pandemic we encourage students to apply test-optional. We do not encourage a student to risk their health and safety in order to take the SAT or ACT for admission or scholarship consideration.
*Decision Ready is a non-binding admission decision. You and your family are encouraged to consider your financial aid package and work with your admission counselor to review all the advantages of Austin College.