Skip To Main Content

Header Holder

Header Right Column

Toggle Menu Container

Hovered Container

Horizontal Nav

Breadcrumb

Honors Court Fountain

The O’Day Honors Court, located off Zauk Circle between Wortham Center and Wynne Chapel, offers a place of quiet reflection. The names of all Austin College graduates, members of the Board of Trustees, recipients of the Founders Medal, and members of the Stephen F. Austin Society, 1849 Society, or Emily Austin Society are noted on the surrounding walls.

The Honors Court was constructed in 1980 with a gift from the William W. Collins Jr. family of Fort Worth. The Margaret Binkley Collins Fountain was added during an extensive renovation in 2000 and named by the Board of Trustees for the alumna. In 2026, the area was renovated and a new fountain was installed, maintaining the name of the original.  At the same time, the Board of Trustees re-dedicated the Court, naming it the Steven and Cece O’Day Honors Court on honor of the College’s sixteenth President and his spouse. 

  • Gathering Spaces