- Class of 1969 50th Anniversary & Golden 'Roo Reunion
- Baccalaureate: Saturday, May 18, 7 p.m., Wynne Chapel
- Cookie Reception for Seniors and Families/Guests:
Saturday, May 18, 2-3 p.m., Wright Campus Center, Living Room
- Party for Seniors and Families/Guests: Saturday, May 18, following Baccalaureate, hosted by Student Affairs staff and Senior Committee, Wright Campus Center, Mabee Hall
- Commencement: Sunday, May 19, 8:30 a.m., Clyde Hall Graduation Court (north of Caruth Administration Building). Indoor video viewing will be available in the Pouch Club of Wright Campus Center for guests with special needs. Cool clothing is suggested for the outdoor ceremony as it often is very warm. See Rain Plan (below) for alternate plans. Commencement is also broadcast live via streaming video on Sunday morning. (Links will be active 15 minutes before the start time of the event.)
Ms. Ruth Whiteside, Ph.D. - Dr. Whiteside is the personification of the Austin College mission. A 1964 alumna of Austin College, she recently retired from an illustrious career with the U.S. Department of State, serving in many roles, including Director of the Foreign Service Institute.
- Rev. John Wurster, D. Min., has served as the pastor of St. Philip Presbyterian Chuch in Houston, Texas, since 2012. He previously served as pastor at First Presbyterian Church in Kerrville, Texas, and at Presbyterian churches in Ohio and Pennsylvania. Several Austin College alumni are members of his current congregation, and Keatan King 09' is the associate pastor.
What Graduates Need to Know
Graduation Plan: An application for graduation should be submitted to the Registrar’s Office by April 1.
Business Office Information: Recipients of an Austin College Grant Loan, Federal Perkins Loan, or Westminster Loan are required to attend one of two Exit Counseling Sessions in April in Sherman Hall’s Hoxie Thompson Auditorium. Students with Federal Stafford Loans are required to complete Online Exit Counseling in April.
Commencement Rain Tickets: Alumni Office staff will distribute Rain Tickets for Commencement Tuesday through Thursday, April 16 through 18, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wright Campus Center in the Pouch Club lobby. Each graduation candidate will receive four (4) tickets for seats in Sid Richardson should bad weather cause the exercises to be moved inside. No rain tickets will be available Commencement morning.
Graduation Announcements: visit Jostens.com.
Day of the Event
Baccalaureate: Students should report to Wright Campus Center Living Room by 6:15 p.m. in caps (optional) and gowns for Baccalaureate lineup. No hoods.
Commencement: Students should report beginning at 7 a.m. to the west side of Moody Science Building with caps, gowns, tassels, and hoods. All students must be checked in and in alphabetical lineup before 8 a.m.
Photos at Commencement
Professional photographers will take individual graduate photos during line-up and as each graduate shakes the President’s hand onstage. Order forms and proofs from Flash Photography will be emailed to students the week following graduation.
Guests may take photos in the designated area near the stage as graduates exit the stage (Grand Avenue side).
See Campus Information for a campus map and driving directions.
|Questions regarding Commencement
should be directed to the
Office of Alumni Engagement
by phone at 1.800.467.6646 or by email.
Should there be inclement weather, a decision will be made early Sunday morning to move the ceremony to the alternate site of Sid Richardson Center in Mason Athletic Complex. If it is necessary to implement this rain plan, students will be notified by email at their austincollege.edu email address and information will be added to the website.
Indoor seating is very limited (1,800 including seniors and faculty), so rain tickets (distributed to graduation candidates in April) will be required for admission into Commencement. No tickets will be available Sunday morning. Video access to the ceremony will be provided in several campus locations for guests without tickets. Doors for Commencement will open at 7:30 a.m. All ticketed guests are asked to be seated prior to 8:00 a.m. Non-ticketed guests will be directed to the video access sites areas; Wynne Chapel, Ida Green Theatre, and the Pouch Club in the Wright Campus Center. There will be no seating in Sid Richardson Center after 8:30 a.m. Other guests will be directed to video access sites.