Wood House, located at 921 North Grand Avenue, is the official home of the President of Austin College. The house is a two-story brick edifice specifically designed for formal entertaining.
Mr. and Mrs. Robert L. Wood of Midland, Texas donated the funds to build Wood House for Austin College’s President. The Woods graduated from Austin College in 1933. Formerly, this was the site of Dr. Robert Ritchie Harwell’s home, demolished to make way for Wood House. Harwell was a professor of Languages at Austin College from 1904 to 1946, and his wife Ellen had been the college librarian and dean of women.