Austin College (Sherman, TX) invites applications for its founding Director for the developing Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program. The Director will lead the development of the program from its inception by building upon the existing strengths, values, and liberal arts mission of the College, to provide rigorous didactic and clinical education, and prepare students to successfully pass the licensing examination. The Program Director is a full-time 12-month administrative position with the possibility of limited faculty duties. The Program Director will report directly to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
For more information about Austin College and the local region, desired attributes for the position, and instructions for applying, please review the detailed search prospectus.
All correspondence about the Founding Program Director for the Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program search at Austin College should be directed to the College’s executive recruiting consultant. Please submit all applications and nominations electronically to:
Christopher S. Healy
Scott Healy & Associates
Complete applications should include the following:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position;
- Updated CV outlining your career in in higher education in health-related areas;
- List of five (5) professional references including name, title, contact information and relationship to you; and
- A statement about how you will integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion into the program (this may be included in your cover letter).
Applications received by September 17, 2021, will receive priority consideration. The position will remain open until filled.
Austin College does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran in the administration of its educational policies and programs, employment policies and practices, enrollment policies and practices, and athletics program, as well as any other College-administered policy, procedure, practice, or program. Reasonable accommodations are made for individuals with disabilities.
For questions concerning the position, contact:
Christopher Healy, Vice President Scott Healy & Associates
PA Program Director Search Committee
- Kelly Reed, Professor of Biology & Director of Pre-Health Sciences (Chair of Search Committee)
- David Aiello, Associate Professor of Biology
- Lisa Brown, Dean of Social Sciences and Professor of Psychology
- Patrick Duffey, Professor of Spanish
- Karánn Durland, Professor of Philosophy
- Chris Goldsmith, Associate Director of Pre-Health Sciences
- David Griffith, Professor of Business Administration
- Brad Smucker, Professor of Chemistry and Chemistry Department Chair
Austin College’s Master of Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS) program is in development and has applied for Accreditation - Provisional from the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA). The AC MPAS program anticipates matriculating its first class in January 2024, pending achieving Accreditation - Provisional status at the September 2023 ARC-PA meeting. Accreditation - Provisional is an accreditation status granted when the plans and resource allocation, if fully implemented as planned, of a proposed program that has not yet enrolled students appear to demonstrate the program’s ability to meet the ARC-PA Standards or when a program holding accreditation-provisional status appears to demonstrate continued progress in complying with the Standards as it prepares for the graduation of the first class (cohort) of students.