Candid is offering free access to FDO Essential to the Texoma community for the next several weeks since many are working remotely and unable to visit Abell Library to search the Foundation Directory Online.
About the Funding Information Network
The Funding Information Network (FIN) at Austin College is a Funding Information Network partner of the Foundation Center. As a member of this nationwide network of libraries, community foundations, and other nonprofit agencies, the FIN at Austin College provides visitors with free public access to grant maker directories, books on fundraising and nonprofit management, and the Foundation Center’s electronic databases, Foundation Directory Online Professional, Foundation Grants to Individuals Online and Philanthropy Insight. The fully searchable databases include detailed profiles of all active U.S. foundations, as well as an extensive file of recent grants awarded by the nation’s top funders. The collection of resources related to grant seeking and fundraising is open to the community as well as Austin College students and employees. The three databases and non-circulating materials may be used within the library.
Please check the Abell Library webpage for regular hours and special hours when classes are not in session.
To learn more about Foundation Center resources at this location, please contact Lisa Emery.
Funding Information Network Databases (access only in Abell Library)
Includes access to:
- Foundation Directory Online Professional
- Foundation Grants to Individuals Online
- Philanthropy In/Sight
Links to the Foundation Center
- Foundation Center publishes many resources on its webpage including tutorials to help grant seekers.
- GrantSpace is a service of the Foundation Center that offers information and resources that are specifically designed to meet the needs of nonprofits worldwide in need of know-how for securing funding and operating effective organizations.
- IssueLab provides links to research reports, case studies, issue briefs, literature reviews, and annual reports published or funded by U.S. foundations.
- RFPs through Philanthropy News Digest lists current requests for grant proposals published by foundations.
Other Useful Resources
- Foundation Grants to Individuals Online is an online database of nearly 10,000 foundation and public charity programs that fund students, artists, researchers, and other individual grant seekers.
- Fundraising ethics are important to keep in mind as you seek funding sources.
- Grants.gov and other sources for government grants.
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance provides a full listing of all Federal programs available to State and local governments; domestic public, quasi-public, and private profit and nonprofit organizations and institutions; specialized groups; and individuals.
- US Small Business Administration Federal Grant Resources