If you have given any personal information to a fraudulent employer, here are a few steps you should immediately take:

1. Report it to your school. Contact your Career Services Center immediately if you believe you have been scammed. You can find their contact information in Handshake by clicking on the school logo towards the left of your screen.

2. Report to local police. Police are responsible for conducting an investigation (regardless of whether the scam artist is local or not.)

3. Contact your Bank: If you have sent money to a fraudulent employer, immediately contact your bank or credit card company to protect the account and dispute any charges

4. File a Report with the FTC: Please report the job scam to the Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, which collects complaints about companies, business practices, and identity theft. File a report.