Admission & Enrollment Requirements for International Students
To be considered for admission to Austin College, please meet the requirements by submitting the following documents:
- Common Application for Admission or ApplyTexas
- One Admission Essay (250 word minimum)
- Counselor Recommendation Letter
- Teacher Recommendation Letter
- High School Transcript
- Official Standardized Test Scores for non-native English speakers (see additional information below) or an Expository writing paper for applicants who wish to be reviewed as Test-Optional and have completed two or more years at an accredited high school with U.S., British, Canadian, Australian or International Baccalaureate curriculum.
All letters of recommendation and your secondary school transcript(s) must be translated into English. If an English translation is not available or if you are seeking transfer credit from a non-U.S. accredited college or university, you as the applicant must request an evaluation by an independent transcript evaluation service. Austin College requires certified evaluations of transcript translations. You may submit them via International Education Evaluations or another independent certified evaluation company. Please contact the Office of Admission for recommended evaluation services.
- TOEFL internet-based test: minimum score 80, recommended score 100 or higher
- IELTS: minimum score 6.5