Officers are on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call Extension 2555 to contact the Austin College Campus Police Department. If you’re outside the campus, the number is 903.813.2555.
Please remember that all “911” calls go to the Sherman Ambulance/Fire/Police Dispatch Office.
Our mission is to promote an environment of safety and security for the educational process at Austin College.
To achieve this mission, with a continuing commitment to excellence, we will:
- Respect and safeguard the dignity and rights of all individuals.
- Provide police services to protect persons and property, and maintain order.
- Maintain a well-trained, proactive, professional work force.
- Take pride in all we do.
Our daily objective is to work in partnership with the community and provide the highest quality of professional police services.
Campus Police Services
Campus Police provides the following services to the students, faculty, staff, and guests of the Austin College community:
- Motorist assistance – jump starts for dead batteries, getting keys out of locked cars, or assisting in calling a tow truck, if needed
- Lock changes for residence halls
- Medical escorts to the emergency room or to a doctors appointment, if a Student Life representative is not available
- Building or room access to authorized students
- Issue temporary ID cards after hours to those who might have left their ID at home or in their room
Austin College provides the following information pursuant to the disclosure requirements of the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. Please review the following .pdf files for updated Crime Statistics and Fire Information:
In accordance with the July 10, 2020 notice (ADDITIONAL regulatory flexibilities related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)) from the Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid office, Austin College will distribute its Annual Security Report & Annual Fire Safety Reports by December 31, 2020. Read more.