Austin College seeks to keep quality education affordable for qualified students. Our annual costs are offset by a financial assistance program that includes grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study.
The 2024-25 direct costs for attending Austin College as a new student are:
Tuition & Fees - $48,470 (which includes books)
Housing & Food - (7 day meal plan) - $14,069
Mandatory Fees - $210 (which includes a one time transcript fee)
*Additionally, students should anticipate the need for additional funds for course materials (other than books), supplies and equipment, personal and transportation expenses which we estimate at $2,888 for the 2024-25 academic year. Also, students must have health insurance coverage. If a student is not covered by a family plan then the student will be required to purchase the health insurance from Austin College. The cost for the 2023-24 academic year is $2,549 for coverage from August 1, 2023 to July 31, 2024. The cost for the 2024-25 academic year will be made available in early Spring 2024.
Are you a current student or interested in a more detailed list of charges?
View the Business Office and Student Billing Information page.
- ACI Payments, Inc. is an outside company that enables payment of the remaining balance after aid for the semester. The amount of the application fee will depend on the number of installments per semester: $25.00 application fee for 3-4 monthly installments per semester. Details are available from the Business Office at 903.813.2448.
- Texas Tomorrow Fund/Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan. If you have a contract with the Texas Tomorrow Fund/Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan please send the Business Office your account information. The payment rates for the 2024-25 Academic Year are not available at this time. The rates are usually announced in August of each year. The semester rates for the 2023-24 Academic Year are as follows:
- Private College Plan $16,737.44
- Senior or 4 year College Plan $5,870.08
- Junior or 2 year College Plan $2,007.52
- Private College 529 Plan allows you to prepay tuition today that your child can later use at any member college. It provides a guarantee against tuition inflation, and the flexibility to choose from some of the nations’ top colleges. The 529 Plan has no start-up fees, no maintenance fees, and no annual fees — and is free from federal taxes. Launched in September 2003 with Austin College as an original member institution, BusinessWeek Magazine recognized the 529 Plan as one of the “Best Products of 2003.”
- A non-need-based “family contribution” loan, such as the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan, the Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS), the College Access Loan (CAL), other private alternative loan options, or some combination of these can be used to meet a student’s balance owed. Your total eligibility for these loans should be indicated on your financial aid award notification or can be seen on Financial Aid Self-Service through Web Hopper. All of these loans have low interest rates and may have origination fees. Since repayment may extend for up to ten years making payments quite manageable, these non-need-based loans should enable you and your family to meet the costs in a manner that will not be overly burdensome. When you accept one of these awards on your Financial Aid Self-Service, you will be given further instructions on the process for obtaining the funds. For more information, contact the Financial Aid Office.
Note: Please consider books, supplies, personal expenses, and transportation costs as you make your plans. Although not billed directly by the College, these expenses will occur.
If you have questions regarding your payment method, please contact the Austin College Business Office.