Information for New Students
Entering Austin College Fall 2021
Welcome to the 'Roo Community!
This area of the website is designed to provide new students and their parents with important dates leading up to students' arrival on campus in August for orientation.
Your Next Steps to Joining ‘Roo Nation:
Complete and sign the Matriculation Agreement and Commitment to Academic Integrity form.
Acceptance of College Principles: Austin College is committed to the ideals of community membership, individual responsibility, shared goals and expectations, and the highest standards of integrity. Signing the Commitment to Academic Integrity indicates an understanding of our general educational approach and a willingness to abide by the Austin College principles.
Complete your Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) survey
- You'll receive a unique link to complete your survey in your Austin College email inbox.
- Log in using your Austin College username and password. If you haven't already set up your password, follow these steps.
- After you complete the survey, your results will be emailed to you within 24 hours. This email contains the four letter personality type that you will need for your residence hall occupancy contract.
- You will need to complete the MBTI even if you’ve taken it before, but do not need to complete it is you are living at home with parents.
Submit your online residence hall contract no later than May 15
- After you complete the MBTI survey and receive your results, submit your contract.
- Reference our online walk-through of the housing contract, if you have questions as you complete your form.
- Our Student Life Office prioritizes assignments based on the date they receive your survey and contract. Residence hall and roommate assignments cannot be made until your online housing contract and MBTI survey are received. If you have a roommate preference, both parties must indicate this preference by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15. Please refer to the Residence Life page on the College’s website for more details.
After you submit the housing contract, log in to your Student Hub to see the additional forms that you need to complete.
Notes on Meal Plans:
- All first-year students, living on campus, have a 7-day unlimited meal plan.
- This meal plan grants you unlimited access to the dining hall between the hours of 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. every day.
- Your meal plan includes $75 Hopper Dollars to use in the Kangaroo Coffee Company and the Pouch Club, two on-campus dining venues.
Summer Mini Course Registration Opens - two sessions offered
Housing Contracts due and deadline for roommate request
24 & 25:
First-Year Seminar Course Description and Selection Form Available Online (freshmen only)
First-Year Seminar Course Selection Form Due. Learn more about the FYS courses offered.
Roommate and Hall Assignments Mailed
Room Preview Day (on campus)
New Student Move-in and Orientation
First day of Class for the Fall Semester
Fall Semester Finals