Overall Purpose of the Student Development Fund:
To facilitate individuals’ or organizations’ participation or attendance at conventions or conferences where the individual or group will gain knowledge that is beneficial to the Austin College community.
Guidelines for the Student Development Fund:
- Be an individual or organization desiring to go to a convention or conference that will benefit said individual or group.
- Be able to bring something tangible back to the entire student body at Austin College (in terms of a workshop, forum, convocation, etc.).
- Request money at least a week prior to the event. Reimbursements will be considered, but it is recommended to apply for funding before the event to ensure funds.
- Request money using the “Student Development Fund Request Form” that can be obtained from the Student Assembly Treasurer. An itemized budget of all expected expenditures must be turned in along with the request. It is highly recommended that any other pertinent information be attached to the request.
- Provide financial proof of expenditures so that the money allotted to hotels, airlines, and registration can be sent directly to them whenever possible.
- Prepare a report upon returning from the event, including what knowledge was gained, what was spent, and what the individual or organization will do to bring that knowledge to the AC community. Submit the report to the Budget and Finance Committee within one month from the date that the recipients return from the event, unless the Budget and Finance Committee, with approval by the Assembly, approves an exception.
- The means by which the information gained at the conference will be presented to the Student Body is up to the individual or organization, but a presentation to the Student Body of the information must be done within one month from the date that the recipients return from the event, unless the Budget and Finance Committee, with approval by the Assembly, approves an exception.
- Student Assembly will appoint a liaison to oversee the tangible effects of the organization’s attendance at said conference, convention, etc.
- Food costs will not be covered by any Student Development Fund allocations.
- Receipts for travel and related expenses approved by the Budget and Finance Committee and Student Assembly must be submitted to the Student Assembly Treasurer and/or the Budget and Finance Committee no later than two weeks following the return of the recipients to campus.
- Failure of any recipient to comply with all of the above guidelines will result in his/her not being reimbursed from the SDF and the possibility of being billed by Student Assembly through the Austin College business office for any funds received from the SDF, and may be placed on probation from receiving Student Development Funds for a period of one semester, unless the Budget and Finance Committee, subject to approval by the Assembly, approves an exception.
- If more than one person is planning on attending the event, their names must be turned in with the request. The Budget and Finance Committee must be notified of any changes in any part of the request (accommodations, people attending, etc.).
- All recipients of SDF funds are required to sign a contract committing themselves to fulfilling all of the above guidelines.