“This -year-old community of learning ... will excite you, stretch you, expand your world, and make you believe in yourself. This college does marvelous things to multiply talents and to develop character.”
– Loren Pope, Colleges that Change Lives
- Founded in 1849, oldest institution of higher education in Texas in its original charter
- North of Dallas 100 acre environmentally green campus
- 1,300 undergraduate students from 37 states and 12 countries
- 13:1 student faculty ratio, average class size of 15
- 54% ethnic minority
- 55+ areas of study, including design-your-own major
- NCAA Division III athletics involve more than 38% of the student body in 18 varsity teams
120 Student athletes earned
all-conference academic honors
- 90% acceptance rate into health science professional schools and graduate programs
- 93% of May 2019 graduates completed degrees in four years or less
- 94% of our graduate and professional school applicants are accepted, and 86% of graduates seeking a career are employed in the first year after college
- Students join expert professors to conduct research and publish studies in national presentations
- Renowned preparation for law, medicine, dentistry, public health, theology, engineering, and more
- 94% of alumni are satisfied or very satisfied with their education at Austin College
- Top producer of Fulbright awardees in Texas
- New academic programs include Neuroscience, Public Health, Data Science and Analytics, Nonprofit Organizations and Public Service and International Business.
Our compass curriculum is designed to meet the ever changing needs of the 21st century. 100% of students complete an applied learning experience which is an internship, research project, leadership or international experience, or an integrated learning project.
Building a Portfolio of Experience
Model United Nations program routinely places at the highest levels in competitions
- Students manage a one-million dollar investment fund
- Product Lab incubates entrepreneurial design and innovative ideas
- Jordan Family Language House offers an immersive residential learning experience in five languages
- Students gain leadership experience by supporting the Greater Dallas Business Ethics Award (GDBEA)
Discovery That Opens Doors
- 88% of students complete professional internships
- 70% of students study internationally
- 100% of students participate in our four-week JanTerm with in-depth study, intensive research, and career exploration
- Adams Observatory with the largest research telescope in North Texas offers exploration in astronomy
A Community of Active Leaders
- Students volunteer 16,000 service hours annually—a value of $398,310 each year.
- Area nonprofits have gained nearly $1 million in new funding from students’ grant writing success in the SEPA program.
- TEDxAustinCollege offers leadership experience and global visibility
- Sherman Cultural District
- Austin College has contributed $20.39 million to local vendors, utilities, and construction in the Texoma Region.
- During the 2016-2017 fiscal year, Austin College’s direct and indirect impacts on the North Texas region’s economy was $262,386 million.
- More than 1,100 people in the Texoma workforce are affiliated with Austin College (i.e., alumni, college faculty and staff).
- Colleges That Change Lives: 40 Schools That Will Change The Way You Think About Colleges
- Fiske Guide to Colleges: Best Buy
- Forbes: America’s Top Colleges
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance: Best College Value
- Money Magazine: Best Merit-Based Scholarships
- Open Doors: Top 40 Baccalaureate College
- The Princeton Review: Best 384 Colleges, Guide to 388 Green Colleges
- USA Today: Top 10 Colleges in Texas
- U.S. News & World Report: Best National Liberal Arts Colleges
- Wall Street Journal: Top Colleges in Texas
- Washington Monthly College Rankings: America’s Best Bang for the Buck Colleges