Greek & Sanctioned Organization Access to MyStudentBody
Log-in instructions for Greeks
To create an account and view the MyStudentBody program:
- Go to www.mystudentbody.com. Click REGISTER NOW to create your User Name.
- You will be brought to the First Time User Registration Page. Enter in “kangaroos” as the school code.
- Create a unique username (up to 50 characters, including those used in email addresses) and password and enter them into the appropriate fields. We suggest you use your Austin College email address for your user name and your student ID for your password. Be sure to write your password and user ID down for later use.
- Complete the rest of the fields, including entering in a required email address.
- After creating your account, you will be asked some identifying information such as your name and year in school and some demographic questions.
- After completing these two pages of questions, you will be able to access all areas of MyStudentBody. Review all items of interest.
To take the MyStudentBody Essentials Course:
You may be required to take the MyStudentBody Essentials Course. To take the course, follow the instructions below.
- Click on the My Stuff tab near the top of the page and select Take Now under the orange header labeled Essentials. You are required to take the Alcohol and Drug sections of the Essentials course and complete them by August 1, 2011 with a passing score of 80%. You will have 5 attempts to complete the course successfully.
- View the short introduction video explaining the course and then click the Continue button. **If you’re hearing impaired, please click the button labeled Download Transcript for a transcript of the video.
- Select the Alcohol or Drugs course start button to begin the course. You will return to this page after completing each topic. MyStudentBody will guide you through Rate Myself Assessments, Pre-Test, Course, and Post-Test, for each topic area. You can see your progress through each section in the progress bar at the top right corner. Do not click the Back button in your browser once you’ve started the course or you will lose your progress – a pop-up box will appear to remind you of this before going back.
- Answer the Rate Myself Assessment questions. This section will contain Yes or No questions and questions on a scale. After clicking Continue, you will be presented with feedback, which you can print by clicking the Print button at the bottom of the page or you can click Continue to move on.
- Answer the Pre-Test questions. This section will contain multiple choice questions to test your current knowledge of the topic area (Alcohol, Drugs, or Sexual Violence). View your results and then click Continue.
- On the course material page, click on each article, tool, and video to view the content. When reviewing articles, please click on the Back to Course Material button to make sure you get credit for reviewing the item. After you have successfully viewed the content, the heading will become checked off.
- Students must review all required course material before moving on to the post-test. Material marked as optional is available for your review, but you do not have to click on it if you feel confident that you understand the material. Questions about optional material will be included in the pre- and post-tests. When you have reviewed all of the material, click on the button that says “Take Post-Test” that will appear at the bottom of the page.
- Answer the post-test questions. This section will contain multiple choice questions to test your current knowledge of the topic area (Alcohol, Drugs, or Sexual Violence). The results page will show your score, the questions you got wrong, and the number of attempts you have left to pass the post-test if you don’t pass the first time. If you pass the post-test, click Continue and move on to the next step. If you don’t pass the post-test, click Continue and you will return to the course material to review content related to the questions you got wrong, and then re-take the post-test. After completing the topic you will return to the topic selection page or, if you have completed all topics, will be asked to answer a Course Survey. If you need to complete other modules use Steps 3-8 again.
- View the end video and click Take Survey to answer the Course Survey questions. This section will contain questions asking you to rate your experience with the MyStudentBody Essentials Course. Click Continue
- View your certificate. If you need to email or print your certificate for your instructor or an administrator on campus, then you can do so using the Print and Email buttons at the bottom right of the page. Emailing a copy to yourself for your records is a good idea.
- Click Continue and you will be redirected to the My Stuff page where you are free to explore other content or move to other topics.
For 24/7 resources and advice:
- Click on the Student Center tab near the top of the page. Content will be categorized into six different sections: Facts and Figures, Health Concerns, Healthy Choices, Rules and Regulations, Social Scenes, and Sports and Fitness. Click View All to see more articles, videos, and tools.
- Click on the Advice tab near the top of the page. Here you can ask questions and someone on our panel of experts will answer you. You can also view past questions and responses.
- To visit other wellness sites such as Nutrition, Stress, Tobacco, and Sexual Health go to the My Stuff page and select a topic from the group in the lower left corner.
- If you would like to do any self-assessments to learn about your own perceptions and behaviors, go to the My Stuff page and click Take Now next to any of the assessments listed under the brown header labeled Rate Myself.
- For campus resources, click the orange Campus Resources button in the lower right corner.
PRINT OR EMAIL COURSE COMPLETION CERTIFICATE
You MUST email the certificate of course completion to email@example.com and to Michael Deen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to enter your name in the box provided. This will be the only means of student identification (user names will appear on the certificate). Failure to email the certificate and include your name will result in the school having no record of your completion. Mail a copy to yourself for your own records.
After you have completed the MyStudentBody.com First-Year Course, you have access to all materials on MyStudentBody.com. Check back frequently for updates!