A college education is an investment for a lifetime. The cumulative earnings of an employee with a bachelor's degree are $1.19 million over their entire career, which is twice the typical high school graduate.
98% of May 2021 grads
completed in 4 years
100% of Freshmen
receive gift aid
$31, 644 average
gift aid for 2021-22
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open for 2022-23! Students and families can use 2020 income to complete the 2022-2023 FAFSA. To automatically import tax information directly from the IRS into the FAFSA, use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
We seek to keep quality education affordable for qualified students. Our annual costs are offset by a financial assistance program that includes:
- academic merit-based scholarships
- Austin College need-based grants
- federal and state grants
- loan programs
- outside scholarship entities
While students and their families assume primary responsibility for the cost of college, our Financial Aid Office will work closely with you to develop financial aid packages and/or financing plans that work best for your family.
Austin College prides itself on providing an educational experience of great value to our students—and others have noticed.
- Washington Monthly College Guide recognized Austin College in its ranking of “America’s Affordable Elite” and those liberal arts colleges providing the “Best Bang for the Buck.”
- Barron’s Best Buys in College Education, Fiske Guide to Colleges, and Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, all of which highlight colleges that combine outstanding academics, post-graduate success, and affordable costs.
The Financial Aid Staff is available to provide assistance and to answer questions Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. We are located in Wortham Center, Room 105. Call us toll-free at 1.800.KANGAROO (800.526.4276), directly at 903.813.2900, or email your financial aid questions to us.
Students, if you are experiencing financial pressures that are impacting your ability to enroll or stay enrolled, the Financial Aid Office is available to assist you.
More Financial Aid Information:
- Tuition Advantage for
Students in Grayson and Collin Counties
- Scholarships-New Students
- Scholarships-Current Students
- Work Study
- Verification of FAFSA Data
- Tuition & Payments
- VA Education Benefits
- Financial Aid Staff
- June 10, 2020
- July 23, 2020
- September 3, 2020
- September 30, 2020
- January 8, 2021
June 30, 2021
September 30, 2021
December 31, 2021 - Revised after initial posting April 6, 2022