The Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics/Computer Science, Neuroscience, Physics and Public Health Departments
invite applications for summer research students
- Austin College biology, chemistry, mathematics/computer science, neuroscience, physics, or public health students
- No previous research experience required.
Applications for Summer 2024 coming soon!
Expectations of stipend recipients
- Enthusiasm for original research
- Put in at least 300 hours over the course of the summer
- A willingness to adapt your schedule to the needs of the research project
- No concurrent jobs or summer courses
- Biology & chemistry students are required to make a presentation to the Biology or Chemistry Department during the subsequent Fall or Spring semesters
- Attend presentations by Austin College faculty on potential research projects.
Biology Department: TBD
Chemistry Department: TBD
- Review faculty areas of research interest (see list below) regarding potential topics. Please note, faculty in the Department of Biology and Drs. Hebda and Richardson request potential applicants meet with them prior to applying. These meetings should be scheduled as soon as possible in the new year.
- Complete and submit the Online Application.
- Interested students are encouraged to attend the Austin College Scholarship Conference (ACSC), March 21-23, 2024 to discuss with current students work ongoing in prospective labs.
Sponsors for Summer 2023
Successful candidates will be selected based on 1) Quality of application statement (and any other written material requested by your proposed sponsor); 2) Courses taken; 3) Austin College record; and 4) Available research positions with faculty members.
This program is funded by sources including the Brittain Biology Student Research Endowment, The Andy and Narcadean Buckner Biology Scholars Program, the Howard McCarley Biology Research Endowment, the Welch Foundation, and the Discovery Foundation.
For further information, contact David Aiello (biology), x2027, IC 341.