Taking MyStudentBody by Choice
Austin College is excited to offer new students and other members of the Austin College community the opportunity to experience MyStudentBody. Our hope is that students will use this resource throughout their time at Austin College, and not just because of a requirement or class assignment.
While first-year students are requested as part of their admissions process to visit the site, any member of the Austin College student body who wants to learn more about alcohol and drugs in an up-to-date, non-judging manner can visit.
Your responses will be kept anonymous, and will not be associated with your name in any way. We respect your privacy. Administrators or parents who would like to have a sample visit to MyStudentBody are encouraged to call 903.813.2306.
There are numerous studies that show that the first few months of college are a very important time in the overall academic career of a student. In our experience at Austin College, we have also observed that many of the alcohol and drug-related disciplinary incidents occurring each semester involve first-year students. Additionally, in recent academic years, colleges have had alcohol and drug-related student fatalities, some of which might have been prevented if the victims or bystanders had been more knowledgeable about alcohol and drugs. We offer this program in the hopes that it will reduce alcohol and drug-related disciplinary incidents and other problems for first-year students here at Austin College.
For more information about first-year students and alcohol and drug use, please visit the following sites:
- The Center on Alcohol Marketing and Youth – Consequences of Underage Drinking
- College Drinking Prevention
If you are having problems accessing MyStudentBody due to issues with the website, please view the FAQs. If you are still having problems accessing the site after following the suggestions, please contact techsupport@MyStudentBody.com.
If you have additional questions about campus procedures related to MyStudentBody.com, or if you need a disability accommodation, please call 903.813.2306 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log-in Instructions for Students Taking MyStudentBody by Choice:
To create an account and view the MyStudentBody program:
- Go to mystudentbody.com. Click REGISTER NOWto create your account.
- You will be brought to the First Time User Registration Page. Enter in “kangaroos” as the school code.
- Create a username, we suggest you use your Austin College email as your username and your student ID as your password and enter them into the appropriate fields.
- Complete the rest of the fields, including entering in a required email address.
- After creating your account, you will be asked some demographic questions.
- After completing the demographic questions, you will be able to access all MyStudentBody modules. Review all items of interest.
To go through the MyStudentBody Alcohol, Drugs, or Sexual Violence courses:
- Click on the “Start” tab for Alcohol, Drugs, or Sexual Violence. If you would like to access any of the other modules, click on the selected module: Stress, Tobacco, Nutrition or Sexual Health to enter the topic area.
- Browse modules as desired.
For technical issues, please contact MyStudentBody: email@example.com
For additional questions, contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org