JanTerm tuition is included in the cost of the Austin College fall tuition, but students are still responsible for off-campus JanTerm fees and “Out-of-Pocket Expenses.” The fees and the Out-of-Pocket expenses are estimated and rolled into one price for the JanTerm Expo.
To secure a spot in an Off-Campus JanTerm students must begin by registering for the course and paying a non-refundable $250 deposit. Registration for Off-Campus courses must be done in person using an ADD slip that may obtained at the Registrar’s Office. No online registration will occur.
If you think you may need a loan to assist you in covering the cost of the travel course, please consult with the Office of Financial Aid as soon as possible.
- It is important to understand that deposits are non-refundable and, at any time following your registration for the course, you will be responsible for all unrecoverable payments made on your behalf for the course.
- If a course is canceled due to low enrollment, or if a student is not able to register due to the enrollment limit being reached for a course, deposits may be refunded to students.
- If a student drops an off-campus JanTerm course and then enrolls in another off-campus JanTerm course, their deposit is forfeited. If it happens that a student switches to another course, then they must pay that course’s $250 non-refundable deposit. If a student chooses to withdraw from an Off-Campus JanTerm course, this must be done in person and with a DROP slip obtained from the Registrar’s Office
Once the deposit has been made and registration completed, the balance of the course fees must be paid according to the established payment schedule. Students are responsible for paying close attention to the dates listed for the travel course they select. Please note that no statements will be sent out.
Acceptable payment methods are: cash, check, money order, credit cards, and e-checks. Payments should be made to the Austin College Business Office by the dates as follows:
- September 1st: 50% of Course Fees
- October 1st: Balance of Course Fees
- December 1st: 50% of Course Fees
- February 1st: Balance of Course Fees