Austin College offers a list of recommended lenders as a service to our students who do not already have a lender in mind for their private educational loans.
We conduct a thorough analysis of each lender’s products, services, and policies annually. We feel confident that the lenders we suggest to students and families will provide service and value that is at the top of the industry.
- Students and parents are not required to use a lender on Austin College’s recommended list. Austin College will certify, without unnecessary delay, any loan application submitted by an eligible borrower, regardless of the lender providing the loan.
- Austin College makes every effort to notify students of the lowest cost loans available. Before assisting eligible students in securing private loans, we award students any eligibility they may have for lower cost federal or state loans.
If you have questions regarding this selection process, or would like more information, please contact our office at email@example.com.
Criteria used to evaluate lenders
Technology/ Processing Methods
- Electronic signature and disbursement capability
- Compatible with Austin College’s loan process and procedures
- Website functionality and ease of use
- Previous experience with lender’s customer service to school
- Feedback from students & families
- Availability of dedicated personnel to address school and borrower needs
- Private loan interest rates and fees, as compared with competitors
- Availability of a fixed rate loan
- Cosigner release on private loan
- Financial Literacy/ smart borrowing info available online for borrowers
- Offer benefits that set them apart from their competitors (i.e. borrowers 17 years or older are eligible to apply)