Our free services for students include:
- content specific tutoring
- writing assistance
- organizational tutoring to assist with time management, organization, and stress managament
- group review sessions
- workshops for skill development and learning strategies like note-taking and test-taking
- tips for writing personal statements for graduate/professional school applications
- access to textbooks, solutions manuals, graduate school/professional school test prep, and more resources
- services for students with documented disabilities
- transitional services for transfer and international students
of new Freshmen in 2017-2018 visited the ASC with 87% of those Freshmen having returned after their initial visit.
of students receiving writing support through tutorials reported learning to apply strategies to improve their overall writing.
of students receiving tutoring services reported that tutoring had a positive effect on their grade, increased overall confidence in the course, and improved their attitude toward the course.
Austin College is committed to making reasonable accommodations for students with documented disabilities in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008. To arrange for accommodations, students must contact the Director of the Academic Skills Center at 903.813.2454 or come by the ASC Office in Suite 211 of the Wright Campus Center.
WCC 211 903.813.2454 email@example.com
To Make an Peer Tutor Appointment
- Call 903.813.2454
- Ask to make a Tutor Appointment
- Be ready to provide subject and professor
Walk-ins are welcome, but tutors are not guaranteed. For best availability schedule appointments 3 days to 1 week in advance.