Well-being is a lifelong journey!
Austin College and CARES are committed to creating a culture of wellbeing to assist this journey for Austin College employees and their spouses. Utilizing Well Being – The Five Essential Elements (Rath and Harter), a model is being created to support physical, purpose, financial, social, and community dimensions of the whole person, with many factors affecting the quality of life and playing a part in achieving balance, purpose, and vitality in career and home.
Hopefully, this website will prove helpful in taking steps towards complete wellbeing today!
Encouraging and supporting behaviors that focus on physical exercise, balanced nutrition, and mental mindfulness.
- Yoga | Multidimensional Yoga for all levels on Wednesdays 5:15-6:30 p.m. in the Small Chapel | Yin Yoga, Relax and De-Stress on Fridays 12:15-12:55 p.m. in the Small Chapel | Instructor Renee Countryman, RYT 200 Yoga Alliance
- Nautilus – group membership pricing and monthly payroll deductions
- Aramark Nutrition Information
- Flu Shots – available now! Call Lenora Hatch, Director of Health Services, at extension 2247 for more information!
- Blue Cross Blue Shield | weekly heart-healthy tips
- Employee Assistance Program (Mutual of Omaha)
Managing personal finances to provide a satisfying standard of living while making wise choices for the future.
- TIAA retirement counseling, education, and advice. Schedule an appointment.
Enjoying personal satisfaction and enrichment from one’s work or in whatever one does daily.
Strengthening relationships with others via communication and social interactions to further facilitate meaningful friendships and a sense of belonging.
- Star Parties at Adams Observatory | Austin College IDEA Center
- Employee of the Month| Staff Council
- Fall Sneed Prairie Picnic | Center for Environmental Studies
- Austin College Christmas Luncheon | Wright Campus Center, Mabee Hall
Contributing to and receiving the benefits of a healthy college community, as well as the greater community outside Austin College.