Professor of Mathematics; Mathematics & Computer Science Department Chair
Math & Computer Science / Academic
- IDEA Center 107
B.A., Austin College
M.S., Ph.D., Texas Tech University
The Ray C. Fish Professorship in Mathematics
As an alumnus of Austin College, I was delighted to become a member of the Math faculty in 2006. The small class sizes at Austin College allow me to get to know each of my students. This also allows me to share with each student the creativity, beauty, complexity, and, yes, difficulty that makes Math such and intriguing discipline.
My job affords me the privilege of working and interacting with student on a daily basis. I have had numerous students complete Honor’s Theses ranging from “The Elementary Proof of the Prime Number Theorem” to “Pricing Exotic Options” to “Discrete Conformal Mappings and Discrete Quasiconformal Mappings on Ring Domains”. I also love playing basketball with students and other faculty members.
- Mathematics of Finance
- Graph Theory
- Complex Analysis
- Discrete Mathematics
- Differential equations
- Elementary Statistics
- Calculus I
My primary research interest is in financial mathematics and pricing exotic derivatives. I am also interested in circle packing.
- “Conformal Welding on Tori”, Jornal of Analysis Vol. 21 (2013), p. 57-71.
- “Discrete Welding on Riemann Surfaces,” Complex Analysis and Operator Theory: Volume 7, Issue 5 (2013), pages 1481-1493.
- I am the sponsor I am the sponsor of the Austin College Anglers club.
- I am the sponsor of the Austin College fraternity Pi Alpha Psi.
- I am the Secretary/Treasurer/Historian of the Austin College Iota Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa.
- I also own and operate an option trading firm, The Pseudarb LLC.