Gifts to the Crimson & Gold Fund provide direct support to over 300 student-athletes that make up the Austin College Athletics Department and our 18 varsity programs. These resources help Kangaroo Athletics provide an enhanced athletic experience while empowering student-athletes today to be difference-makers tomorrow. Gifts provide support for each individual sports budget with an emphasis on travel, equipment, and uniforms. In today’s competitive and evolving athletics environment we must build on these resources, and we must continue to increase yearly outside support to be an excellent NCAA Division III program not only for our current student-athletes, but for our future student-athletes as well.
You can help ensure the continued competitive and positive experience of the Austin College student-athlete by making a gift to the Crimson & Gold Fund. Your generous annual gifts towards athletics through the Crimson & Gold Fund, as well as those directed towards Legends or The Jerry and Joy Apple Challenge for Coaching, qualify you for the benefits listed in our giving chart below. Gifts made to athletics capital projects are considered for the Robert T. Mason Society but do not qualify for the annual benefits below.
For more information or to discuss other ways to provide support for Athletics, please contact Director of Athletics Development & Engagement JR Ohr at 903.813.2597 or Athletics Director David Norman at 903.813.2499.
Austin College 'Roos - learn more at acroos.com
- NCAA Division III Athletics: competing in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference, Southern Athletic Association (Football), Mountain Pacific Sports Federation (Men’s Water Polo), and the Collegiate Water Polo Association (Women’s Water Polo)
- 18 Varsity Programs
- 9 MEN: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Swimming & Diving, Tennis, Distance Track, Water Polo
- 9 WOMEN: Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Swimming & Diving, Tennis, Distance Track, Volleyball, Water Polo
- 1 in 4 Austin College students participate in athletic programs
- 1 in 3 student-athletes have earned academic or athletic all-conference recognition for work in the classroom and on the field
- 1 in 4 student-athletes have a G.P.A. of 3.5 or higher, over half have a 3.0 or higher