Become a Stephens Scholar
Application deadline for the Stephens Scholarships for
JanTerm/MayTerm 2018 is April 25, 2017.
Stephens Scholarships are only awarded for international courses.
Stephens Scholarships are only awarded for international JanTerm courses
Eligibility (please review these carefully before applying)
- Significant financial need as determined by FAFSA
- In good academic and financial standing, with at least Junior status by departure date
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Subsequent enrollment in an international JanTerm course
- May 2018 trips – graduating seniors are ineligible for scholarship
- Only for students who have not yet had an international experience at Austin College
Conditions of Contest
- Deadline for Application completed online was Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
- Short Essay (prompt below)
- Commitment to digital storytelling workshop in February 2018
- You may not apply for scholarship funding to more than one course. However, if you are awarded a scholarship and your course is cancelled, you will have the opportunity to reapply to another course option.
Stephens Scholarship recipients will be notified on May 1, prior to registration beginning on May 2. Registration will be held on May 2-4, 2017 and must be done in person using a course registration card. Deposit of $250 will be due at time of registration and is not part of the scholarship process.
The Stephens International Studies Scholarship funds a substantial portion of the cost. This allows the scholarship to have a broad reach and help many students realize a JanTerm abroad.
Write a short essay (250-350 words) explaining your choice of JanTerm course. JanTerm 2018 International Travel course descriptions may be found on WebHopper.
How will this particular international JanTerm course impact your academic and personal growth? What do you hope to learn from the experience?
- Application for the Stephens Scholarship for JanTerm 2018.
- Deadline for JanTerm 2018 Stephens Scholars applications will be Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.