Jan Term Scholarships for Current Students
- Current Austin College juniors and seniors may apply.
- Funds are designated to be used on January Term study abroad programs.
- Funds a substantial portion of the cost of an international JanTerm.
Myron Low Fund
- Current Austin College sophomores, juniors, and seniors will be considered.
- Funds are designated to be used on January Term international travel courses.
- A variable number of awards will be given depending on the amount of revenue generated by the Fund.
In awarding both Stephens and other endowed scholarships, the following factors are considered:
- Only students who have not previously been abroad through Austin College will be eligible.
- Financial need, as indicated by FAFSA
- Academic merit as indicated by a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Classification – priority will be given to upperclassmen
There are several academic departments which have endowed scholarship funds to be awarded each year in April at Honors Convocation to be used for the following academic year. There is typically no scholarship application process since the recipients are usually selected by the department faculty. These scholarships vary in amount and are typically one-year awards.